Lenoir City host Ribbinsville

Sandman63

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Sounds like a fun time.  

Did you tell the folks at Tapoco Lodge that the Amish guy from the TV talking head show on Sunday mornings sent you?  

Love that area of the country.  Don't see how Dr. Richard Kimble survived that jump from the dam, however.  

County Sheriff:
Marshal, I do not want to tell you how to do your job, but only one person in a million could survive that fall! The guy is fish food!

Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard:
OK, get a cane pole, go catch the fish that ate him.

:lol:

• Like 1

So looking at the lack of playing this year may be a huge factor...but LC has been struggling this year.  They seem to have a ok skill guys ok O but their line has been bad.  Defense it seems the opposite....their d line is good, and the LBs arent bad...especially those 2 inside, the rest of the group is suspect.  I think that Robbinsville may come out fired up ready to go.  I see them coming out taking a long drive and scoring.  Then LC gets the ball scores fast and then seeing what happens.  Really hoping to see a fun hard fought game.  Really like to see LC pull this one out.

• Like 1

Just now, Sandman63 said:

So looking at the lack of playing this year may be a huge factor...but LC has been struggling this year.  They seem to have a ok skill guys ok O but their line has been bad.  Defense it seems the opposite....their d line is good, and the LBs arent bad...especially those 2 inside, the rest of the group is suspect.  I think that Robbinsville may come out fired up ready to go.  I see them coming out taking a long drive and scoring.  Then LC gets the ball scores fast and then seeing what happens.  Really hoping to see a fun hard fought game.  Really like to see LC pull this one out.

Also keep in mind, COVID hit this program hard after the first game, and they've been reeling ever since. Not saying they were going to be a great team, but they've looked like a shell of themselves since week 1.

47 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Seems like both of these schools were hammered by Covid.  Knowing a little more of the TN team it really makes it a tough call.  I think that they started off against stone and played pretty good, but after that looks like they were just beat by Loudon....like everyone else that has played them, but then to come out against crossville and play so poorly was a shock.  They barely had the ball and forced zero turnovers that week.  Then we know what happened with oak ridge.  Now to see if LC can make some plays this week and get back on track for the 2nd half of the season.   

Another thing too is that the QB from LC was amazing week 1 but looks a little different now...not sure whats going on there.  The offensive line has seemed to be the same kids but so much worse week to week.  

This one is tough to call

22 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I agree and good fans.  Their fans stayed and were vocal in a positive manner all the way to the final buzzer.   They have a lot of community pride down there.  

Me and dad sat by a guy, I swear he had to have been the best fan I’ve ever witnessed. 20 yard loss - “That’s okay boys, get ‘em next time!!” Pick 6 for OR - “Ats alright young man!! Happens to the best of ‘em!!” I’d have been cussing up and down like a sailor. Honestly, I don’t even know what kinda fan I’d be, or if I’d even be a die-hard one for that matter, if OR was that bad year in year out. Just being honest. Man, that dude was something, but he wasn’t the only one either. Didn’t hear a negative word the whole time we sat there on their side. Much respect.

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Me and dad sat by a guy, I swear he had to have been the best fan I’ve ever witnessed. 20 yard loss - “That’s okay boys, get ‘em next time!!” Pick 6 for OR - “Ats alright young man!! Happens to the best of ‘em!!” I’d have been cussing up and down like a sailor. Honestly, I don’t even know what kinda fan I’d be, or if I’d even be a die-hard one for that matter, if OR was that bad year in year out. Just being honest. Man, that dude was something, but he wasn’t the only one either. Didn’t hear a negative word the whole time we sat there on their side. Much respect.

Buddy of mine coaches at LC and said there are some really good ones...but the main ones that are hard to deal with are the Little League coaches.  They and quite a few more talk about the coaches like dogs.  They try to do it to the current high school players and bad mouth the coaches and its just a bad look.  The other thing about the youth guys is that they are the ones to bash the coaches and players but when ask to come be an asst coach they shy away.  My buddy said that one thing about them to is that there are expectations from certain people for them to be dominate, problem is they cant get more than 60 kids out at a school with over 1300 students.  It seems to be a tough place to coach

12 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

Buddy of mine coaches at LC and said there are some really good ones...but the main ones that are hard to deal with are the Little League coaches.  They and quite a few more talk about the coaches like dogs.  They try to do it to the current high school players and bad mouth the coaches and its just a bad look.  The other thing about the youth guys is that they are the ones to bash the coaches and players but when ask to come be an asst coach they shy away.  My buddy said that one thing about them to is that there are expectations from certain people for them to be dominate, problem is they cant get more than 60 kids out at a school with over 1300 students.  It seems to be a tough place to coach

Has LC ever been good in football? Apparently, my dad said they were sometime back in the 70s? I’m sure when Travis Cozart (BTW, I hear he’s doing great things in that community, which is great to hear) was there that they were good. I never got the pleasure to see him play, but I’m friends with some Loudon boys, and they can’t speak more highly of him as a football player, not to mention he was dominant in basketball too. Once those perpetual losing seasons start, it’s really easy for the whole program to get mired in it and it’s hard to get out. Just ask Karns, a team I’m more familiar with. It can happen though, because the Price brothers accomplished it at Campbell County. They were a habitual losing program for decades upon decades, but they’re a respectable team now, and have been since the Price boys have been there. I wish nothing but the best for LC and their fan base, they have my respect. Those kids fought, and fought really hard till the final buzzer. It would be very easy for the kids on that team to just throw up their hands and say “screw it”, but they have pride in that community, obviously.

Edited by SweetScience

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Has LC ever been good in football? Apparently, my dad said they were sometime back in the 70s? I’m sure when Travis Cozart (BTW, I hear he’s doing great things in that community, which is great to hear) was there that they were good. I never got the pleasure to see him play, but I’m friends with some Loudon boys, and they can’t speak more highly of him as a football player, not to mention he was dominant in basketball too. Once those perpetual losing seasons start, it’s really easy for the whole program to get mired in it and it’s hard to get out. Just ask Karns, a team I’m more familiar with. It can happen though, because the Price brothers accomplished it at Campbell County. They were a habitual losing program for decades upon decades, but they’re a respectable team now, and have been since the Price boys have been there. I wish nothing but the best for LC and their fan base, they have my respect. Those kids fought, and fought really hard till the final buzzer. It would be very easy for the kids on that team to just throw up their hands and say “screw it”, but they have pride in that community, obviously.

The last time LC was good in Football was 2011 and 2012.  2011 they finished 7-6 in arguably the toughest 5a/6a conference in the state but was put out by Powell and Dy'shawn Mobley in the Quarter Finals 34-26 after going to Middle TN (As the #4 seed) the first two round of the playoffs beating Columbia Central (The defending state Champs in 5a) and Centennial in the 2nd round. 

2012 they finished 9-3 and 2nd in the Conference behind Maryville.  The conference consisted of Maryville, Heritage, Bearden, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Knox West, and William Blount.  Unfortunately they laid an Egg in the 2nd round against Ooltewah.  I was a Defensive LB's Coach for those teams.

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

The last time LC was good in Football was 2011 and 2012.  2011 they finished 7-6 in arguably the toughest 5a/6a conference in the state but was put out by Powell and Dy'shawn Mobley in the Quarter Finals 34-26 after going to Middle TN (As the #4 seed) the first two round of the playoffs beating Columbia Central (The defending state Champs in 5a) and Centennial in the 2nd round. 

2012 they finished 9-3 and 2nd in the Conference behind Maryville.  The conference consisted of Maryville, Heritage, Bearden, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Knox West, and William Blount.  Unfortunately they laid an Egg in the 2nd round against Ooltewah.  I was a Defensive LB's Coach for those teams.

That’s right. I had forgotten about that. If I remember correctly, they gave Maryville all they wanted one of those years.

31 minutes ago, Oldman63 said:

Didn’t he wrestle on a lot of the TN national teams a few years back? I was wondering what happened to him. Does he still wrestle?

Yes he is a stud. Won states as a freshman in 1a. Probably the best 182 in NC any classification. Baylor high school offered him to come wrestle when he was in 8th grade before he started high school.