The 5-1 Seymour Eagles welcome the 6-0 Greeneville Greene Devils. A punchers chance????

noonesfool

13 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Batman, a long time ago I learned, to thine own self be true through cars. I had saved $600 in 1970 for some type of used it will go fast vehicle. I never ever smoked anything, respected the ladies and never had a drink till I was legal and in a proper setting. But I love speed.

my parents put my middle brother in a 1974 Nova, Youngest Brother in a Duster and me in a 1971 pinto. When I graduated from college in 1976 from college I got a 1976 Grand Torino and tore it up in two years. Parents very smart.

Funny you bring up a pinto.After my 2nd speeding ticket,my parent's gave me back the money I had spent on buying the chevelle and I took 1000 dollars and bought a four speed lime green 1974 pinto that topped out at about 65 down hill.Six months later it wouldn't go up north main street without putting it down in 2nd gear.They had painted over the rust and if you ran through a mud puddle with the windows rolled down,there would be mud on them when you rolled them up.I was on a date in washington county and as I took the pretty Boone Girl back to her home in gray,the tail pipe fell down from the muffler because of the rust.Some way I tied it up to get home but that old four cylinder was very embarrassingly loud.I guess every cop I pasted felt sorry for me and didn't pull me over.I sold the car in the next week or two for three hundred dollars and got my first car payment .I personally have hated pinto cars ever since .

21 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Funny you bring up a pinto.After my 2nd speeding ticket,my parent's gave me back the money I had spent on buying the chevelle and I took 1000 dollars and bought a four speed lime green 1974 pinto that topped out at about 65 down hill.Six months later it wouldn't go up north main street without putting it down in 2nd gear.They had painted over the rust and if you ran through a mud puddle with the windows rolled down,there would be mud on them when you rolled them up.I was on a date in washington county and as I took the pretty Boone Girl back to her home in gray,the tail pipe fell down from the muffler because of the rust.Some way I tied it up to get home but that old four cylinder was very embarrassingly loud.I guess every cop I pasted felt sorry for me and didn't pull me over.I sold the car in the next week or two for three hundred dollars and got my first car payment .I personally have hated pinto cars ever since .

21 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

DANG Batman! Mine was Grabber Green, Black interior and no air conditioning. My very pretty girlfriend would not be seen in it. I was FORCED TO DRIVE HER 1975 Camaro when we went out. Tough life.

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

That's wild, I had a pinto growing up too..... oh wait, that was pinto beans...

• Upvote 1