FORREST AT CASCADE 2021- R5 (3RD TIER) CHAMPIONSHIP

GeneralForrest

First of all, we don't even know if this is true. Forrest could lose to any of their remaining opponents. What we DO know is that Cascade is 5-0 with a "Little Sisters of the Poor/School for the Blind, Deaf, and Dumb" level schedule. 

• Forrest played their worst game possible last year, and they were still in it.
  • Each has similar outcomes against Moore this year but Forrest was more dominant. It's Kevin Bacon logic but it's what we have.
  • I also think Forrest will be annoyed coming off the spanking they took at Marion. Cascade is decidedly NOT Marion.   

So I am taking Forrest.  

1. Strength of opponent so far

2. Cascade lost their really good QB from 2020 to graduation. 

3. Forrest has a better team even absent 1 and 2. 

Bennett is really key. When he plays calm and takes what he can get, Forrest does really well. When he gets skittish, they don't. 

• Forrest needs dominant D, no big plays, stop the run.
  • Forrest O needs sustained drives, give Bell 20 carries, keep the passing game simple- no bootlegs that take a century to develop, avoid holding/procedures which often result in 3 and a mile. 

In other words, all the same cliché stuff we say every week.    

Forrest 24
Cascade 14

Edited by GeneralForrest

4 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Agree. Defense will be difference here. I look for 21-7 game provided Rockets don’t give up any cheap turnover scores. 

Thanks. Forrest 3rd and 4th down D against Marion was a nightmare. They'd get stops on 1st and 2nd then relax and get destroyed. I think their goal should be to get a shutout this week.  I'll take a 16-0 win with 1 TD and a few FGs if it means Forrest is in control wire to wire. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Thanks. Forrest 3rd and 4th down D against Marion was a nightmare. They'd get stops on 1st and 2nd then relax and get destroyed. I think their goal should be to get a shutout this week.  I'll take a 16-0 win with 1 TD and a few FGs if it means Forrest is in control wire to wire. 

If you win your region who would that likely put you against in the first round

33 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

It’s been a while since Cascade has won the region  so I’m going to pull for them based on that alone. 

It can probably go either way based on what I’ve read… with Forrest being the favorite.

the regions have changed. but they def have a shot this year. they just havent played anyone. 

• GeneralForrest changed the title to FORREST AT CASCADE 2021- R5 (3RD TIER) CHAMPIONSHIP