District 9-AAAA

crimsontide43

Congrats Lebanon!   Huge accomplishment.  I know you will represent 9AAAA well.   Good luck in the elite 8. 

Looking at it now, it sure seems like region 5AAAA is one of the best regions in the state east of memphis.   Lebanon, Beech, Green Hill, Gallatin, Cookeville,  not to mention a few others (how tough was Wilson Central down the stretch?!)      

• 9 months later...

I think any of Green Hill, Cookeville, or Lebanon could win the district. 

Green Hill has good wins over Beech and Blackman in non-league and already a home win over Cookeville.

Cookeville has an early season win at Stone Memorial.

Lebanon’s best win so far is at home vs Gallatin. They do have a head scratching loss at Riverdale. 

Lebanon is the only one I’ve seen play and I don’t know if they have enough besides Jarred Hall to win the district this year. They really miss Yarin Alexander this year. At this point I’d say Green Hill wins the regular season title. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firstandgoal said:

I think any of Green Hill, Cookeville, or Lebanon could win the district. 

Green Hill has good wins over Beech and Blackman in non-league and already a home win over Cookeville.

Cookeville has an early season win at Stone Memorial.

Lebanon’s best win so far is at home vs Gallatin. They do have a head scratching loss at Riverdale. 

Lebanon is the only one I’ve seen play and I don’t know if they have enough besides Jarred Hall to win the district this year. They really miss Yarin Alexander this year. At this point I’d say Green Hill wins the regular season title. 

Fair assessment and I agree with you on just about all of it.  Too bad they are blowing this newly formed district up after only 2 years in existence 

I can see this district as a toss up.  Coaches voted Lebanon, Cookeville , GH in top 3 (in that order).   Cookeville isn't playing that well of late.   Just not consistent on defense or offense.  I don't think we ran a set play right the entire night vs GH. 

The GH win was a good one for them but Cookeville should win that game most nights.  It was a horrible performance overall  for the Cavs but down the stretch it was fun to watch with both teams making plays back to back to back.   Officiating crew was the worst all year and that wasn't just for Cookeville,  I am sure GH thinks the same. 

Looking forward to seeing the CKVL vs Lebanon tomorrow.   Hall vs Heard should be fun.  But I sure won't miss seeing Alexander this year!  He was a game changer last year on both sides of the court.