Tyner@Marion

3 hours ago, PurplePride2021 said:

I'm just curious, do you even go to the Marion County games or do you just listen to what people ramble on about? I rarely see you there.. And I ask this for a few reason, but mainly because a few posts ago you made a comment about the line has things to work on things. Granted there is always room for improvement let me just remind you MC has scored 143 points thus far and only had 31 points scored on them out of 5 games. Tell me again how the line needs work all this work like you claim? 

Also which back is coming back this week that hasn't played all year?

Always glad to see new posters for the Warriors. Welcome to the board and we are glad to have you. As for Truth's post about the line, I don't think that he meant it in demeaning way or in a negative light towards the kids. This team has high expectations, which is a good thing and something you want surrounding your program. 

Let's try not to fight amongst ourselves and be reasonably civil. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, that just comes with the territory of forums. 

Don't want our threads to turn into a tire fire like some others every week. 

Looks like the rain will be out of town by the early AM on Friday. To be honest, I would rather have it that way. 

31 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

I'm leaning towards the Rams in this one. Sure is a lot easier to stack the box and stop the run game than it is to stop a spread team with a good qb and skill players. Hope I'm wrong but if MC doesn't come to play, we could get smacked in the mouth early and often. 

Only thing wrong with stacking the box is if you get past that def line it's over. Also Taye has proven he can throw. Just haven't had to.

16 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Always glad to see new posters for the Warriors. Welcome to the board and we are glad to have you. As for Truth's post about the line, I don't think that he meant it in demeaning way or in a negative light towards the kids. This team has high expectations, which is a good thing and something you want surrounding your program. 

Let's try not to fight amongst ourselves and be reasonably civil. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, that just comes with the territory of forums. 

Don't want our threads to turn into a tire fire like some others every week. 

Looks like the rain will be out of town by the early AM on Friday. To be honest, I would rather have it that way. 

Heck no I'm not about to fight with anyone especially not over the internet. This isn't like the other forums I've seen. :shock:  If TheTruthPrevails is at the game Friday, which according to him he's almost at every game, I'll chit chat with him then. 

The team better set high expectations, there is absolutely no reason they can't go far. As for the line needing to work on things clearly TheTruthPrevails isn't paying attention during the games. And while I say that, by no means am I saying practice doesn't make perfect however scoring 143 points and only letting 31 points be scored on you is not terrible. Also considering how many of those points were scored on 2nd or 3rd teams? ( I don't know off hand) 

ANDDDDDD still waiting for you to tell us which back is coming back this week that's not been there all season? 

1 hour ago, oldfaithful said:

I'm leaning towards the Rams in this one. Sure is a lot easier to stack the box and stop the run game than it is to stop a spread team with a good qb and skill players. Hope I'm wrong but if MC doesn't come to play, we could get smacked in the mouth early and often. 

I'm leaning towards you might be wrong. ;) Marion County all the way.. They'll without a doubt win this game. 

What makes them a different team then last year? 

12 minutes ago, PurplePride2021 said:

Heck no I'm not about to fight with anyone especially not over the internet. This isn't like the other forums I've seen. :shock:  If TheTruthPrevails is at the game Friday, which according to him he's almost at every game, I'll chit chat with him then. 

The team better set high expectations, there is absolutely no reason they can't go far. As for the line needing to work on things clearly TheTruthPrevails isn't paying attention during the games. And while I say that, by no means am I saying practice doesn't make perfect however scoring 143 points and only letting 31 points be scored on you is not terrible. Also considering how many of those points were scored on 2nd or 3rd teams? ( I don't know off hand) 

ANDDDDDD still waiting for you to tell us which back is coming back this week that's not been there all season? 

Brody Leonard is the back and the line does good but they did to be meaner. We’ll find out how mean too be when Meigs come to town 

10 minutes ago, PurplePride2021 said:

I'm leaning towards you might be wrong. ;) Marion County all the way.. They'll without a doubt win this game. 

What makes them a different team then last year? 

I hope I am trust me. Love the confidence you have as well. 

Football is simple game, yet very complex at the same time. Every year is a new team, even if you have all 22 starters coming back on both sides of the ball. Each year new leaders emerge or don't fill the void left from the player(s) before them. Maybe they aren't as hungry as the previous year and didn't work as hard in the offseason or during the season to maintain that success. Instead of being the favorite for the majority of the games now you are being told you will be lucky to win. The teams chemistry is completely different from year to year as well. Does the team get better as the year goes on or can you see them making the same mistakes each week and getting worse? These are just a small percentage of the things that impact a team every year. Those statements are not directed at Tyner or MC, just in general.

I'm not the most reliable source when it comes to Tyner, but traditionally they're always good and a tough team to beat. On top of that they usually have a very tough schedule, so don't judge them by their overall record. With that being said, they have beaten the lesser teams on the schedule just like they should have. On top of that they have a first year head coach who seems to have his team clicking at the moment. I always try to treat our opponent with respect no matter if it's Alabama or team who hasn't won a game in 5 years. Not saying you haven't, but that's just my approach to every week. I would really like to see the Warriors come out and dominate the game for 4 quarters.  

29 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Brody Leonard is the back and the line does good but they did to be meaner. We’ll find out how mean too be when Meigs come to town 

Got to take care of business this week and the weeks leading up to Meigs. Maybe I need to start drinking whatever Bush and Pride are having. Makes me feel like I'm all doom and gloom over here :lol:

22 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

I hope I am trust me. Love the confidence you have as well. 

Football is simple game, yet very complex at the same time. Every year is a new team, even if you have all 22 starters coming back on both sides of the ball. Each year new leaders emerge or don't fill the void left from the player(s) before them. Maybe they aren't as hungry as the previous year and didn't work as hard in the offseason or during the season to maintain that success. Instead of being the favorite for the majority of the games now you are being told you will be lucky to win. The teams chemistry is completely different from year to year as well. Does the team get better as the year goes on or can you see them making the same mistakes each week and getting worse? These are just a small percentage of the things that impact a team every year. Those statements are not directed at Tyner or MC, just in general.

I'm not the most reliable source when it comes to Tyner, but traditionally they're always good and a tough team to beat. On top of that they usually have a very tough schedule, so don't judge them by their overall record. With that being said, they have beaten the lesser teams on the schedule just like they should have. On top of that they have a first year head coach who seems to have his team clicking at the moment. I always try to treat our opponent with respect no matter if it's Alabama or team who hasn't won a game in 5 years. Not saying you haven't, but that's just my approach to every week. I would really like to see the Warriors come out and dominate the game for 4 quarters.  

Very good explanation/statement!!

34 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Got to take care of business this week and the weeks leading up to Meigs. Maybe I need to start drinking whatever Bush and Pride are having. Makes me feel like I'm all doom and gloom over here :lol:

Not looking past Tyner, just saying our linemen are not mean enough. Big Show got more pancakes than our line and he’s our tightend. Just saying Meigs has a mean line and we need to be that way 

9 hours ago, PurplePride2021 said:

I'm just curious, do you even go to the Marion County games or do you just listen to what people ramble on about? I rarely see you there.. And I ask this for a few reason, but mainly because a few posts ago you made a comment about the line has things to work on things. Granted there is always room for improvement let me just remind you MC has scored 143 points thus far and only had 31 points scored on them out of 5 games. Tell me again how the line needs work all this work like you claim? 

Also which back is coming back this week that hasn't played all year?

TTP was at every game for the 4 years I attended the Jasper games and I would be willing to bet he's still at every one of them. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PurplePride2021 said:

Starters have given up 2 tds and 2 fgs, I definitely didn't say the line was terrible.