Jump to content

Rockets look to launch the Blaze


Blaze45
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

In my opinion, there are guys playing out of position on defense. 11 should play Mike, 5 should play Will, 90 should play Jack, and 1 should play Sam. 

Exactly but it will be more young players playing next season I believe. Gotta be able to rotate fresh players that have an understanding of the offense and defense. But most games you watch they honestly got smoked at the line with simple run plays. No team they played had nothing complex except Oakland with a wing t. Linebackers were just too small and undisciplined. Blackman has to get back to hitting anything that moves because a lot of games they looked like they refused to tackle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Exactly but it will be more young players playing next season I believe. Gotta be able to rotate fresh players that have an understanding of the offense and defense. But most games you watch they honestly got smoked at the line with simple run plays. No team they played had nothing complex except Oakland with a wing t. Linebackers were just too small and undisciplined. Blackman has to get back to hitting anything that moves because a lot of games they looked like they refused to tackle.

The issue with hitting anything that moves is a fundamental issue. I have said and will continue to say, until I am blue in the face, if you look at the powerhouse schools  (Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, and so on)they are all incredibly fundamentally sound. You have to preach, teach, live fundamentals. Maryville has won many games that they were out athlete-d and outsized, by playing with great fundamentals and excellent coaching.

If Blackman will really get the defense in order and begin teaching great fundamentals at the middle school level it would really bring them back around. It is hard to razzle -dazzle when you cant block and tackle...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

The issue with hitting anything that moves is a fundamental issue. I have said and will continue to say, until I am blue in the face, if you look at the powerhouse schools  (Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, and so on)they are all incredibly fundamentally sound. You have to preach, teach, live fundamentals. Maryville has won many games that they were out athlete-d and outsized, by playing with great fundamentals and excellent coaching.

If Blackman will really get the defense in order and begin teaching great fundamentals at the middle school level it would really bring them back around. It is hard to razzle -dazzle when you cant block and tackle...

 

Should have worded it better, I meant like actually go make a tackle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SamMojo said:

Your boys didn’t quit. That’s something to hang your hat on. It was what 50-24 late and got it down to a 5 point game. 

I am not a coach obviously,,, but I think the two onside kicks at the end were poorly executed. We should have pooched it just over the hands team... the the deep  man would be in a foot race to get there. It would also put them back an additional 15 yards ... should we be forced to get a stop .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

The issue with hitting anything that moves is a fundamental issue. I have said and will continue to say, until I am blue in the face, if you look at the powerhouse schools  (Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, and so on)they are all incredibly fundamentally sound. You have to preach, teach, live fundamentals. Maryville has won many games that they were out athlete-d and outsized, by playing with great fundamentals and excellent coaching.

If Blackman will really get the defense in order and begin teaching great fundamentals at the middle school level it would really bring them back around. It is hard to razzle -dazzle when you cant block and tackle...

 

Completely agree with Blaze. It all comes down to coaching. Blackman has some really good players.  Blocking can be coached, Gap integrity can be coached, physicality can be coached, and tackling can be coached. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Completely agree with Blaze. It all comes down to coaching. Blackman has some really good players.  Blocking can be coached, Gap integrity can be coached, physicality can be coached, and tackling can be coached. 

I believe the coaching is there.. I think the issue is that you cant wait to teach great fundamentals to freshmen.... you need to be teaching this at 6th -8th grade,,, You need to teach this beginning in youth ball ... good blocking technique, how to wrap up and hit someone... I saw  lot of  scared tackling this year .  Lead  with shoulders and arms slow wrap up. by the time the tried to wrap up players had squirted lose or just ran through a weak arm tackle . I think you have to find your scrappiest players and teach them to run through a player when they tackle. Not happy to be sitting home for the first time in 10 of the 15 years I been watching but I doesn't change how I feel about the school or the program ... Lets Go Blaze Finish strong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, CougarDadx2 said:

I read that earlier, but he's wrong about as often as he is right. If the baby Blaze can slow the Rocket run, they should win. Baby Blaze will score some points. D has got to win this for the Blaze.

What is this baby Blaze stuff? They are the 3rd most talented team in Murfreesboro. Likely the second most talented offense.

Edited by Boudreaux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Boudreaux said:

What is this baby Blaze stuff? They are the 3rd most talented team in Murfreesboro. Likely the second most talented offense.

Yeah, it's really getting old. Regardless of youth, they are more talented than Stewarts Creek and Rockvale, but lost to both. After this year, they will be the 2nd most talented team in Murfreesboro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blackman will be fine.  They have the players and support from their fans.  Unfortunately they have now 3 other competitive teams to deal with instead of 2.  It looks like they need their best players on defense and get that PA down. They have plenty of guys on offense.  And the hurry up helps alot but it is tough for any offense to run full time.   Need time for the guys to catch a breathe.  Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...