EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

33 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

ER was 0/3 in the redzone, which killed them obviously. The only difference between this years ER team and previous ones is ER can effectively run the ball now. QB production is the same as last years but the Run game is much improved. I think the game is going to be much closer than anticipated 

ER is for sure better then then they have been in the past but they are still ER...

On 10/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, Tide21 said:

Height weight speed and grades you have to have it all. A couple tenths or 10-20 pounds or a couple inches could cause you not to get recruited. They will take you if you have all those marks even if your performance isn’t top notch. For instance dickson for peabody he went to army and was recruited by others. He was 6-1 210 or so and had great grades. But ran a 4.7 40yd. If he ran a 4.5-4.6 all  sec schools and other top schools would have knocked the door down. Alabama Clemson tennessee you name. I mean we had a player few years ago that was 6,6 250 tight end but still didn’t go d1. You have to have all aspects then they think they can develop you. It’s a narrow window physically 

Yea I understand that.. Maybe they think they can add some weight to him and use him, I'd say they know more then I do. Either way I wanna be clear that I'm happy for the kid and he is obviously an athlete and I hope he has a lot of success at the next level! My whole point is I feel as if  there is a lot of hype around him and he hasn't lived up to it. Which I mean for a kid that's 17/18 years old I would say there's a lot of pressure on him.

20 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Yea I understand that.. Maybe they think they can add some weight to him and use him, I'd say they know more then I do. Either way I wanna be clear that I'm happy for the kid and he is obviously an athlete and I hope he has a lot of success at the next level! My whole point is I feel as if  there is a lot of hype around him and he hasn't lived up to it. Which I mean for a kid that's 17/18 years old I would say there's a lot of pressure on him.

I did some research and he is 6’3 185 and supposedly ran a 4.38 40yd. I’m guessing this is what they are looking at. I watched him play a couple years ago I’m thinking he doesn’t have much support and I’m betting they want him as a db 

He was impressive for the 1st quarter of our game in 2019as a 10th grader. In 2020 our 5'9" sophomore cornerback was locked  on him in single coverage for most plays. He finished with 5 carries for 8 yards and caught 3 pass or 36 yards. Our coaches didn't do anything to key on him. He had two big hits on a RB from his safety position and he is recruited as a DB. I hope he has an awesome career but at this point he hasn't statistically lived up to the attention he's getting from big D1 schools. The week after we hold him to 36 yards receiving, Eagleville's 5'9" 160 receiver goes for over a hundred on us and Portland's did again the following week. The other issue is he hasn't finished a 2A football season yet due to injuries. The 4.38 was the summer before his junior year and he had a serious knee injury since then. Best case scenario for football this year is a 4 seed and a first round drubbing from Marion or Meigs. I wouldn't blame him at all for shutting it down. 

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I did some research and he is 6’3 185 and supposedly ran a 4.38 40yd. I’m guessing this is what they are looking at. I watched him play a couple years ago I’m thinking he doesn’t have much support and I’m betting they want him as a db 

Imho he’s better at basketball. I don’t know if he got any offers in round ball or not, I’d say so but not sure.