Morristown East at William Blount

OrangePylon

3 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I disagree with you here Barn.  I miss the good ole days of mudders.  The high school I went to in southwest Virginia was notorious for playing in some instant classic mud bowls.  The 1993 state semifinal  being one of them which included ESPN's Marty Smith on the opposing team.

I haven't seen it on the Tennessee side of the line yet, but nowadays, Virginia schools avoid mud games at all costs.  Sad.

I agree,weather is part of High School football.I like my grass field.

• Like 1

I hope the govs find a way to finish positive on Friday. There are a lot of good kids on the team and a few players who could play for anybody else in the county - but they chose to stay. It was supposed to be different this year with adding some staff and a new schedule. For whatever reasons, it hasn’t worked out…again. Maybe all the good folks in LA will come out Friday and help the kids get a W. I would assume this one is winnable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

I hope the govs find a way to finish positive on Friday. There are a lot of good kids on the team and a few players who could play for anybody else in the county - but they chose to stay. It was supposed to be different this year with adding some staff and a new schedule. For whatever reasons, it hasn’t worked out…again. Maybe all the good folks in LA will come out Friday and help the kids get a W. I would assume this one is winnable. 

Actually, a really good post strongx…. Seriously, we forget sometimes that these are kids playing a game. I do think WB improved their staff in areas in this season…just not sure why it hasn’t shown on the field…. Hopefully WB can get the W!

• CoachT locked this topic