#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

It will be a tremendous challenge for Meigs to win this one on the road on a rainy night, but they're responded well to challenges before. I think Marion will be favored, as they should be.  If either Marion or Meigs plays Tyner in the playoffs, I feel that will be another tremendous challenge for either team - they're for real. It's a tough road to the State Championship game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

It will be a tremendous challenge for Meigs to win this one on the road on a rainy night, but they're responded well to challenges before. I think Marion will be favored, as they should be.  If either Marion or Meigs plays Tyner in the playoffs, I feel that will be another tremendous challenge for either team - they're for real. It's a tough road to the State Championship game. 

LRDAO…now dont go saying jailhouse high should win this game.  Them jailhouse fellars dont play like that.  If they win it will be an upset and they can stroke themselves.  If they lose they shouldnt have won anyways.  You think im joking but im not.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, biggest said:

Toss up but I'm picking meigs

Marion will prevail- by 14! Its time to show up and shut em down... And to bring the tradition of greatness back to this county!!! These boys have earned there spot and they'll show you all exactly why they are undefeated Friday night... Lets go MC! GO WARRIORS

On 10/26/2021 at 7:45 PM, Dadof2 said:

This will be a great game. I think it comes down to what teams makes the fewest mistakes on offense because I think both defensive are pretty close. I’ll take the Tigers 22-14 because they have some juniors and seniors that have played in some big games the last few years.

I hope your right but what you said about who makes fewest mistakes scares me.

I have watched several Marion county games this year and they have three or four guys that have the capability of taking to the house at a moments notice from any distance or down. 

Look at the Bledsoe game. Bledsoe drove first possession down nearly took entire quarter then MC first play their QB took it over 50 yards for TD. Then it slowed down. Then to start second half MC first play #8 took it the distance.

Same thing happened Sequtchie game. Long score first play for MC.

It just takes a couple a game and we could be in trouble.

I dont feel we have the big play long distance potential we have had in the past. We have broke several this year against some really bad teams but it's been more pounding it with steady 5 yard runs this year. I dont think our line is on the same level with Marion. I may be wrong but they look different on film and there posting stuff about taking visits to Alabama and other SEC schools and getting offers as Sophmores. That along tells me Meigs might have to step up their game this week. 

Against good teams it's our Defense and turnovers that win us games. Happened against Tyner, Trousdale, Rockwood and South Pitt. You can even throw South Greene and Hampton in there but lesser competition. 

This offense isn't as explosive. They were struggling just to get positive yards against Tyner. First downs were very difficult to come by. Nothing against Tyner. I would like to see them upset the #2 in region 4 but Marion County did beat them by over 20 points and shut them out.

I do have faith however in our boys and believe our defense led by those seniors who have felt defeat in the last couple state championship games are hungry. Look for those seniors #'s 8,1,19,15, 3, 26, & 2 to have big games on defense as well as offense because you can bet being a big game like this they will be going both ways. 

Let's hope that little T.Y. makes an appearance. If he is back that could make a big difference Be tough to come back first game all year after an accident like that against MC but wouldn't it make for great story if he rushes for about 100 yards and couple scores. 

I'm going with the Tigers and I'm hoping it pours down Friday night. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I hope your right but what you said about who makes fewest mistakes scares me.

I have watched several Marion county games this year and they have three or four guys that have the capability of taking to the house at a moments notice from any distance or down. 

Look at the Bledsoe game. Bledsoe drove first possession down nearly took entire quarter then MC first play their QB took it over 50 yards for TD. Then it slowed down. Then to start second half MC first play #8 took it the distance.

Same thing happened Sequtchie game. Long score first play for MC.

It just takes a couple a game and we could be in trouble.

I dont feel we have the big play long distance potential we have had in the past. We have broke several this year against some really bad teams but it's been more pounding it with steady 5 yard runs this year. I dont think our line is on the same level with Marion. I may be wrong but they look different on film and there posting stuff about taking visits to Alabama and other SEC schools and getting offers as Sophmores. That along tells me Meigs might have to step up their game this week. 

Against good teams it's our Defense and turnovers that win us games. Happened against Tyner, Trousdale, Rockwood and South Pitt. You can even throw South Greene and Hampton in there but lesser competition. 

This offense isn't as explosive. They were struggling just to get positive yards against Tyner. First downs were very difficult to come by. Nothing against Tyner. I would like to see them upset the #2 in region 4 but Marion County did beat them by over 20 points and shut them out.

I do have faith however in our boys and believe our defense led by those seniors who have felt defeat in the last couple state championship games are hungry. Look for those seniors #'s 8,1,19,15, 3, 26, & 2 to have big games on defense as well as offense because you can bet being a big game like this they will be going both ways. 

Let's hope that little T.Y. makes an appearance. If he is back that could make a big difference Be tough to come back first game all year after an accident like that against MC but wouldn't it make for great story if he rushes for about 100 yards and couple scores. 

I'm going with the Tigers and I'm hoping it pours down Friday night. 

My son is Marion's starting center and we've been looking forward to this game all year... We will see who prevails Friday night,  but weve also got an 80% chance of rain coming this way also which could shake things up!!! Lets GO WARRIORS! #52

Edited by WARRIORMOM52
Misspelled word