#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

25 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’m not sure Meigs can handle all the speed that Jasper has.  They are really gelling with their line right now.  I may be at this game if able.  I look for Jasper to have 300 yards rushing, and win by 2 TD’s.  Meigs won’t be able to run the QB all night long.  They will have to pass and mix it up.  

Dang Mikey, no pressure but 300 rushing?  They probably haven't given that up all year.

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

As a HC, Fitz has faced MC three times with a record of 1-2. His win came while at Hixson in 2012 with a come from behind dogfight that MC should have won to be honest, it was the Z Trains freshman year. Friday night could be his first W against the Warriors as THE MAN at Meigs. I think this one will be an absolute dandy. 

If we are fortunate enough to get a rematch in the playoffs, it will be hard for the Winner in the first game to pull it off again in the rematch. That is if the game plays out like we all think it will Friday night. It is very hard to beat a good team once, doing it twice is a very tall task. I would apply that to Tyner as well.

Fitzgerald went 6-4 in 2014 and 4-6 in 2015 at Meigs. Fitz and his staff started the turnaround in 16 but still wasn't a powerhouse. We went 10-2 that year losing to MC and Forrest in the playoffs. Since that year I would consider us a top tier team in 2A

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Yall are #1, we are the dogs, not yall.  None of that matters though, it will be thought about till the first whistle, then the team that executes better will be victorious. 

Most polls have you ahead of us except the AP poll. I agree with you records and polls won't define this game. 

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’m not sure Meigs can handle all the speed that Jasper has.  They are really gelling with their line right now.  I may be at this game if able.  I look for Jasper to have 300 yards rushing, and win by 2 TD’s.  Meigs won’t be able to run the QB all night long.  They will have to pass and mix it up.  

Whew Mike you got us worried now.

26 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Fitzgerald went 6-4 in 2014 and 4-6 in 2015 at Meigs. Fitz and his staff started the turnaround in 16 but still wasn't a powerhouse. We went 10-2 that year losing to MC and Forrest in the playoffs. Since that year I would consider us a top tier team in 2A

Definitely caught you guys on the building years. I agree that you guys have been a contender in 2A for a while now. You guys have been on a nice run for sure.