Bearden @ Farragut

edwardblake

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Ed made the statement about "suburban white schools" and "their football teams [being] reflective of that." We were simply debating the demographics of these schools. 

I see. A quick google search shows that Maryville is 4% african american, yet their football team is 14% african american. (triple proportionately). Doing some math, 53% of african american males at Maryville play football

Using bearden as the example which I think was the original one, they've got 9% african american in their school but only 18% of team is african american (twice proportinoately). Doing some math, 19% of african american males at Bearden play football. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thefox said:

Don't pull my string nut. Only thing I hate more than West Rebels are the alphabet soops. :roflol: KCHS/CPA/CAK/BGA/TKA we all know why they got started after the Civil War and Brown vs Board got passed.

Fox, I don't know you and you don't know me so let's try not to make assumptions about each other. I'm not even sure why you brought any of that up.

You should ask HTV if I'm a carpetbagger :D

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I see. A quick google search shows that Maryville is 4% african american, yet their football team is 14% african american. (triple proportionately). Doing some math, 53% of african american males at Maryville play football

Using bearden as the example which I think was the original one, they've got 9% african american in their school but only 18% of team is african american (twice proportinoately). Doing some math, 19% of african american males at Bearden play football. 

Maryville 11%

Maryville High School (2021-22 Ranking) | Maryville, TN (publicschoolreview.com)

Bearden 22%

Bearden High School (2021-22 Ranking) | Knoxville, TN (publicschoolreview.com)

45 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Fox, I don't know you and you don't know me so let's try not to make assumptions about each other. I'm not even sure why you brought any of that up.

You should ask HTV if I'm a carpetbagger :D

Nope.  Nut is definitely no carpetbagger.  

And anybody who is using the Civil War in any discussion pertinent to today is just completely out of touch with reality.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Nope.  Nut is definitely no carpetbagger.  

And anybody who is using the Civil War in any discussion pertinent to today is just completely out of touch with reality.  

Carpetbagger was a term used after the war during Reconstruction FYI.  Educated people use historical references all the time.