Bearden @ Farragut

edwardblake

Bearden has a history of losing to Farragut, even after getting big leads sometimes. Farragut is down this year, but is capable  of scoring points, Bearden's strong suit is their defense, so this time should Bearden get a big lead maybe they can protect it. Bearden has more to gain by a win, so I will say the Bulldogs win by 7,

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Bearden has a history of losing to Farragut, even after getting big leads sometimes. Farragut is down this year, but is capable  of scoring points, Bearden's strong suit is their defense, so this time should Bearden get a big lead maybe they can protect it. Bearden has more to gain by a win, so I will say the Bulldogs win by 7,

Cactus, their (Bearden) problem all year has been scoring points, don't see them building a big lead unless they get some defensive tds. They have to keep Farragut from passing the ball on them to stay in the game. This will be a good one to watch!

On 10/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, osunut2 said:

This one has big playoff implications. If Bearden wins, they clinch the #3 seed and Farragut is out. If Farragut wins, you'll have a 3-way tie for 3rd (assuming Cleveland takes care of HVA). Since each team would have the same head-to-head record, Cleveland would get the #3 seed (based on overall wins), and Farragut would then clinch the #4 spot (based on the head-to-head win over Bearden).

Pretty simple - Win and you're in. Lose and your season is over. Give me Farragut by a FG.

So after the head to head to head (3-way tie), where Cleveland get the total win tiebreaker, you do not continue down the list of tiebreakers? It starts back over and goes head to head?  I have not seen a clear explanation of what happens after you break the 3 way tie.  

20 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

So after the head to head to head (3-way tie), where Cleveland get the total win tiebreaker, you do not continue down the list of tiebreakers? It starts back over and goes head to head?  I have not seen a clear explanation of what happens after you break the 3 way tie.  

Correct. The TSSAA handbook states in Section III.B (Football Regulations - Region Play & Tie-Breakers) that "if at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others."

Cleveland wins the first tie-breaker, therefore it reverts back to head-to-head for Bearden and Farragut.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Correct. The TSSAA handbook states in Section III.B (Football Regulations - Region Play & Tie-Breakers) that "if at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others."

Cleveland wins the first tie-breaker, therefore it reverts back to head-to-head for Bearden and Farragut.

Thats a tough pill to swallow when you decide playoff spots with tiebreakers not related to region play.  TSSAA does not make everyone's schedule, so that is not fair.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Thats a tough pill to swallow when you decide playoff spots with tiebreakers not related to region play.  TSSAA does not make everyone's schedule, so that is not fair.  

I agree, although if you can't solve a tie-breaker via head-to-head record, your only other option is SOS. Overall record shouldn't trump that.

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I agree, although if you can't solve a tie-breaker via head-to-head record, your only other option is SOS. Overall record shouldn't trump that.

Tiebreakers could be:

1. Head to Head

2. Performance vs. Highest Ranked Region Opponents

2. Performance vs. Common Non-Region Opponents 

3. Number drawn at the beginning of the season (teams draw numbers at the region meeting to be used for the final tiebreaker)

*No arbitrary strength of schedule tiebreakers

Edited by LittleJerrySeinfeld