Would this be your top 10? For 4A

wornoutwildcat

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But the champ is Betsy.  

Very true BPM!  The Greene Devils have knocked them off once this year by 30 points at their place but we will have to do it again in the Quarterfinals if both teams make it there.  This time it would be at Burley Stadium!

I believe of the undefeated teams this is the pecking order until it’s proven different on the field.  Three of these 4 teams are on the west and I know the west has not faired well in the championship game, I believe this could be the year!

1) Greeneville’s opponents are 45-45 and the Devils have scored 553 points to surrendering 79. 10-0 (Last 4 years 41-7)

2) Tullahoma’s opponents are 42-49 and the Wildcats have scored 328 points to surrendering 85. 9-0 with 1 regular season game left. (Last 4 years 38-8)

3) Haywood’s opponents are 40-48 and the Tomcats have scored 368 points to surrendering 59.  9-0 with 1 regular season game left. (Last 4 years 42-11)

4) Hardin County’s opponents are 38-53and the Tigers have scored 364 points to surrendering 67.  9-0 with 1 regular season game. (Last 4 years 39-7)

Edited by TTownFan50

I know as far as Tullahoma is concerned that the lack of a higher point total is a result of Pearl-Cohn and Marshall County not letting them score too many and in the other 7 games once the mercy clock was running they played a ton of sophomores and a few freshman in the second half of those 7 games. It wasn't about running up the score. If any points were scored above 35 it was from younger kids getting to play. But I like the chances of Tullahoma, Haywood or Hardin giving Greeneville a game they haven't seen the likes of this season. 

48 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

I know as far as Tullahoma is concerned that the lack of a higher point total is a result of Pearl-Cohn and Marshall County not letting them score too many and in the other 7 games once the mercy clock was running they played a ton of sophomores and a few freshman in the second half of those 7 games. It wasn't about running up the score. If any points were scored above 35 it was from younger kids getting to play. But I like the chances of Tullahoma, Haywood or Hardin giving Greeneville a game they haven't seen the likes of this season. 

I don’t know if that was trying to throw a jab at Greeneville or not for putting up the points they have this year or not, but it sure sounded like it.

Greeneville starters haven’t played in the 2nd half of 6 of there 10 games this year. The Games they did were against Knox Central, DB, Oak Ridge, and Elizabethton.   

I’m sure Greeneville will be ready for anything anyone in the West is going to throw at them after going into Elizabethton and breaking there winning streak by dominating the game.  Betsy returned quite a bit off of last years team.  Until the West can be competitive in a Championship game (besides Memphis East in 2016) then the West has a lot to prove.  I will say that it helped teams like Tullahoma with the realignment this past year or would have been coming East again and that hasn’t faired well for that Quad 2 in years past (you can ask some of your Marshall County posters about the physicality and Speed Greeneville had on those team and this year has more Speed and just as much physicality) 

Edited by Swipes

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

I don’t know if that was trying to throw a jab at Greeneville or not for putting up the points they have this year or not, but it sure sounded like it.

Greeneville starters haven’t played in the 2nd half of 6 of there 10 games this year. The Games they did were against Knox Central, DB, Oak Ridge, and Elizabethton.   

I’m sure Greeneville will be ready for anything anyone in the West is going to throw at them after going into Elizabethton and breaking there winning streak by dominating the game.  Betsy returned quite a bit off of last years team.  Until the West can be competitive in a Championship game (besides Memphis East in 2016) then the West has a lot to prove.  I will say that it helped teams like Tullahoma with the realignment this past year or would have been coming East again and that hasn’t faired well for that Quad 2 in years past (you can ask some of your Marshall County posters about the physicality and Speed Greeneville had on those team and this year has more Speed and just as much physicality) 

that 2016 state championship game. bad memories.

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

Very true BPM!  The Greene Devils have knocked them off once this year by 30 points at their place but we will have to do it again in the Quarterfinals if both teams make it there.  This time it would be at Burley Stadium!

How does this years Greeneville team compare to 2017 or 2018 team. I understand different teams and coaches just wondering if there’s any comparison.