Can Bishop get 393 yards against Clinton?

92Dragon

8 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Bishop is an amazing athlete! But Karns depends on him way too much. Clinton was lucky they played Karns in the last game of the season instead of early in the year in my opinion.

It seemed as if all the carries and pounding he took throughout the season caught up with him last night. 

Yep

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Wow, that is incredible. I had heard you guys held him under 100, but I wasn't sure what the final tally was.

Karns had already made the playoffs win or lose. I believe Clinton went in with something to prove and possibly a chip on their shoulder.  Plus, I don't think Xavier Mitchell and the Clinton defense gets enough credit for the job they've done this year. 

With the exception of the Powell game, Clinton had a chance to win every game they played in my opinion.

47 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Karns had already made the playoffs win or lose. I believe Clinton went in with something to prove and possibly a chip on their shoulder.  Plus, I don't think Xavier Mitchell and the Clinton defense gets enough credit for the job they've done this year. 

With the exception of the Powell game, Clinton had a chance to win every game they played in my opinion.

I was impressed with their D when we played them. Up until the 4th when we started pulling away, they were tough.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I was impressed with their D when we played them. Up until the 4th when we started pulling away, they were tough.

Thank you SS.

But that wasn't really our defense's fault. If you watched the game, you remember our freshman punter having a hard time handling the pressure and not being able to get off any good punts.....keeping Oak Ridge on our side of the field the entire 2nd half.

Oak Ridge had the chance to really run away with it. Clinton was lucky to only lose by 15 points in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Thank you SS.

But that wasn't really our defense's fault. If you watched the game, you remember our freshman punter having a hard time handling the pressure and not being able to get off any good punts.....keeping Oak Ridge on our side of the field the entire 2nd half.

Oak Ridge had the chance to really run away with it. Clinton was lucky to only lose by 15 points in my opinion.

So very true, I had forgotten about that. I remember telling my dad that Clinton did a dang good job to hold us to only 22 points that game. If it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to us in the Powell game. We were lucky they only scored 38, because they lived on our side of the field that whole game, and just like Clinton's D was really good against us, the score in that Powell game doesn't really tell the story of how good ours played either. I know that sounds crazy being they walloped us pretty good, but it could've been 60 with a subpar defensive performance from our guys. Just my opinion, at least.

Edited by SweetScience

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Your defense was stellar this season. Just needed some consistency on offense to compliment it.

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

So very true, I had forgotten about that. I remember telling my dad that Clinton did a dang good job to hold us to only 22 points that game. If it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to us in the Powell game. We were lucky they only scored 38, because they lived on our side of the field that whole game, and just like Clinton's D was really good against us, the score in that Powell game doesn't really tell the story of how good ours played either. I know that sounds crazy being they walloped us pretty good, but it could've been 60 with a subpar defensive performance from our guys. Just my opinion, at least.

Clinton finished 1-8 last year and improved to 6-4 this year (with the help of a weaker schedule)....but we'll take it. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Some of our most talented players are sophomores and juniors, so we should take another step forward next year I would imagine.  Staying healthy is so important in highschool football with alot of guys playing on offense and defense. Depth has been very rare at Clinton over the years. Hopefully, they are working on that as well.

8 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton finished 1-8 last year and improved to 6-4 this year (with the help of a weaker schedule)....but we'll take it. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

Some of our most talented players are sophomores and juniors, so we should take another step forward next year I would imagine.  Staying healthy is so important in highschool football with alot of guys playing on offense and defense. Depth has been very rare at Clinton over the years. Hopefully, they are working on that as well.

Wow. Nice turn around for the Dragons this season. Looks like the future is bright and sounds like Coach Darell Keith may be what Clinton was needing in a coach. 

Edited by RCfan
  • Like 1