New District 3-AA Thoughts and Predictions?

On 2/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, blitzinbuc said:

You're correct - it was CAK that beat them.  Central's second victory over Alcoa was pretty convincing!      *Edited to say: assuming Central makes it to state, I hope they don't draw Loretto in the first round. 

Alcoa just beat Knox Catholic at Knox Catholic. Also they added two transfers who just became eligible. Sub- state could be very interesting....

12 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Alcoa just beat Knox Catholic at Knox Catholic. Also they added two transfers who just became eligible. Sub- state could be very interesting....

We talked about this at Christmas.  With the addition, Alcoa has the tools now to make a run.  What was the final on that game?

Edited by logcabinman

35 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Pretty sure they played at King's academy.  Yes, they for sure will help them through the remainder of the season.  

6’ 1 and 6’ 2 sisters I hear that can play down low and ahoot the three as well. We will see how that affects the chemistry of the team. Players that have been playing will lose minutes and be setting some sounds like if the two start. But sounds good for Alcoa.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, logcabinman said:

We talked about this at Christmas.  With the addition, Alcoa has the tools now to make a run.  What was the final on that game?

Alcoa beat Catholic 52-49.  Alcoa has improved since getting those girls, but they did lose to Gatlinburg since getting them. They also got thumped by Bearden, so they're not invincible. It will be hard for any Region 1 team to beat Central at the Round House.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:08 PM, Dadof2 said:

Central is the favorite, Meigs, Tellico, Kingston will be battling for the 2 spot. Meigs scrimmaged Bradley Monday, they went back and forth to about midway through the 3rd, Bradley won by about 10. If I had to pick now.

Central

Tellico

Meigs/Kingston 

Sweetwater

Loudon

You were "on point" with your predictions back in November!!

Can you do the same with the lottery?

On 2/17/2022 at 12:27 PM, blitzinbuc said:

Alcoa beat Catholic 52-49.  Alcoa has improved since getting those girls, but they did lose to Gatlinburg since getting them. They also got thumped by Bearden, so they're not invincible. It will be hard for any Region 1 team to beat Central at the Round House.

True that any team will have a hard time beating Central at their place, but those girls did not play against GP or Bearden. Catholic game was their first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

You were "on point" with your predictions back in November!!

Can you do the same with the lottery?

Probably not lol. I knew Central would be the favorite this year and Meigs, Tellico & Kingston would be close. And I was surprised by Meigs sweeping Kingston and Tellico in the regular season considering that they were rebuilding this year. But I think Meigs has more talent then everyone but Central but inexperience from players & coaches shows some times and you just have to learn from it and move on. I predict that district 3 girls will sweeps district 4.

Friday night could be Meigs at Tyner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Probably not lol. I knew Central would be the favorite this year and Meigs, Tellico & Kingston would be close. And I was surprised by Meigs sweeping Kingston and Tellico in the regular season considering that they were rebuilding this year. But I think Meigs has more talent then everyone but Central but inexperience from players & coaches shows some times and you just have to learn from it and move on. I predict that district 3 girls will sweeps district 4.

Friday night could be Meigs at Tyner.

Friday night will be Meigs at Tyner. Haven't seen Kingston this year but Polk County in Benton will be a hard game for them.  Tyner Girls have gotten much better since the beginning of the season so we will see how it goes!! 

Time to comment on the Boys thread!!

10 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Friday night will be Meigs at Tyner. Haven't seen Kingston this year but Polk County in Benton will be a hard game for them.  Tyner Girls have gotten much better since the beginning of the season so we will see how it goes!! 

Time to comment on the Boys thread!!

The only region first round game I see your district winning is Polk.  However, this one will not be a gimmie for Polk.  Kingston can create problems if they are hitting from the perimeter.  Tellico has played Central tough, and have a formula to stay in the game.  I think if Central plays to potential, Tellico will have trouble with them tonight, if Central plays poorly, Tellico has a punchers chance.  Either way, it has been a pretty good season for district 2 AA this year.

• Like 1