New District 3-AA Thoughts and Predictions?

22 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Thanks for the correction. Alcoa will be a force for sure and has a good chance to make it to state!

Seen where Gatlinburg Pittman beat them by 15 or so last night. Only 2 of McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman, South Green, Meigs and Alcoa make state right or have I missed something??

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Seen where Gatlinburg Pittman beat them by 15 or so last night. Only 2 of McMinn Central, Gatlinburg Pittman, South Green, Meigs and Alcoa make state right or have I missed something??

I'd throw Tellico in there as a possibility too. The Region championship games will narrow it down to which 4 teams of Regions 1 & 2 get to play a substate game.  Winning the Region championship is important so they can host the substate game.  *edit: I just saw where the Region 1 tourney is at Gatlinburg-Pittman, which may make them the favorite to win their region.

Edited by blitzinbuc

2 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'd throw Tellico in there as a possibility too. The Region championship games will narrow it down to which 4 teams of Regions 1 & 2 get to play a substate game.  Winning the Region championship is important so they can host the substate game.  *edit: I just saw where the Region 1 tourney is at Gatlinburg-Pittman, which may make them the favorite to win their region.

I think McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman are the favorites. Meigs will have a uphill battle now after being upset by Tellico because more than likely they will be on Central’s side of the bracket, and I don’t think Tellico can go on the road and beat GP or Alcoa. But it’s tournament time and anything can happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think McMinn Central and Gatlinburg-Pittman are the favorites. Meigs will have a uphill battle now after being upset by Tellico because more than likely they will be on Central’s side of the bracket, and I don’t think Tellico can go on the road and beat GP or Alcoa. But it’s tournament time and anything can happen.

Yep, by Meigs losing the District semifinal game to Tellico it puts them in a tough situation of having to play Central in the Region seminfinal rather than the championship game. More than likely it will be Tellico or Polk playing Central for the Region championship (I think it's Tellico). A good assumption would be either of them would lose to Central, and I agree that neither of them can go on the road and beat GP or Alcoa in a substate match.

14 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Yep, by Meigs losing the District semifinal game to Tellico it puts them in a tough situation of having to play Central in the Region seminfinal rather than the championship game. More than likely it will be Tellico or Polk playing Central for the Region championship (I think it's Tellico). A good assumption would be either of them would lose to Central, and I agree that neither of them can go on the road and beat GP or Alcoa in a substate match.

Tough task for sure, sub-state will be tough.  Central is the favorite in region, but Tellico played them tough for one half.  If Central girls can play on level they played from half way through third and fourth quarter, they will be in Murfreesboro.  

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Tough task for sure, sub-state will be tough.  Central is the favorite in region, but Tellico played them tough for one half.  If Central girls can play on level they played from half way through third and fourth quarter, they will be in Murfreesboro.  

Central has too much quality depth for any team in the Region tourney to hang with for a whole game. Substate game could be challenging for them, but I think Central wins and goes to the 'boro.  I just hope they don't draw Loretto in the first round at State.

• Like 1

Region 2 

CSAS at Central. This game is over before it even starts. Central bench players will play a lot.

Meigs at Tyner. I think Meigs wins handedly.

Marion at Tellico. Tellico runs away with it.

Kingston at Polk. IMO this is the game that district 4 has the best chance to win. I think Polk will struggle with the speed of Kingston’s guards and I think that will be the difference in the game and Kingston gets the win.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, Dadof2 said:

Region 2 

CSAS at Central. This game is over before it even starts. Central bench players will play a lot.

Meigs at Tyner. I think Meigs wins handedly.

Marion at Tellico. Tellico runs away with it.

Kingston at Polk. IMO this is the game that district 4 has the best chance to win. I think Polk will struggle with the speed of Kingston’s guards and I think that will be the difference in the game and Kingston gets the win.

CSAS at Central, 86-13, on point!

Meigs at Tyner, 47-43,  will comment on this one at the end.

Marion at Tellico, 73-20, on point!

Kingston at Polk, 54-35, you missed this one but that's ok!

Now, if you were at the game you know Tyner's Girls got hosed by the referees. In my 30 years of following Tyner basketball, I have never seen a game where the officials looked like they had something riding on Meigs winning. Congratulations to Meigs on advancing, but you don't do that to any kid!! I never complain about the men in stripes but tonight was pitiful

Both teams played hard but the fouls were one-sided and the technicals were unnecessary and un-explained.

That's all I'm going to say other than I hope we never see those 3-Stooges again!!

33 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

CSAS at Central, 86-13, on point!

Meigs at Tyner, 47-43,  will comment on this one at the end.

Marion at Tellico, 73-20, on point!

Kingston at Polk, 54-35, you missed this one but that's ok!

Now, if you were at the game you know Tyner's Girls got hosed by the referees. In my 30 years of following Tyner basketball, I have never seen a game where the officials looked like they had something riding on Meigs winning. Congratulations to Meigs on advancing, but you don't do that to any kid!! I never complain about the men in stripes but tonight was pitiful

Both teams played hard but the fouls were one-sided and the technicals were unnecessary and un-explained.

That's all I'm going to say other than I hope we never see those 3-Stooges again!!

Not trying to be disrespectful towed ether team but that was one of the worst games I’ve seen in a long time especially for Meigs. For the officiating that was absolutely pathetic, and good job by Tyner players and fans for keeping their cool for the most part. And I will leave it at that.

That’s the first time I’ve seen them before and I hope the last.

Edited by Dadof2