Bledsoe @ H2O. Round 1

H2Oman

8 hours ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

#13 and #4 are the work horses. Starting QB is now a freshmen. Senior QB tore ACL early in the year. We won’t quit. #4 will play no matter the score. He loves to just play. 

I remember the last time you guys came up.. . We were by far the better team and jumped on y’all early, but by the fourth quarter you guys had made it a game. 

Watertown will need not to look past you or we will find ourselves with an early exit out of the playoffs!

4 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

I believe if H20's offense can score 21 per game, they have a shot at making big noise in the playoffs.  I'm under educated on most, if not all the teams they could face in the post season, but their D is clicking.   

Watertown has a good offense for sure. I look for another early playoff exit by Bledsoe as usual. 
 Looking down the road I agree with you 21 point mark. But good luck with that when you roll into Meigs.  They punched Marion in the mouth and pitched a shutout.  Good matchups to watch

5 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Watertown has a good offense for sure. I look for another early playoff exit by Bledsoe as usual. 
 Looking down the road I agree with you 21 point mark. But good luck with that when you roll into Meigs.  They punched Marion in the mouth and pitched a shutout.  Good matchups to watch

I will have to agree, everything I have read on Meigs indicates they can really pound you on both sides of the ball.  I did hear something about the Marion score not really indicitive of how the game went.  But it doesnt really matter, everyone is looking for the next win.

Edited by MakingSense2u
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2021 at 8:38 AM, Bledsoebtheboys said:

#13 and #4 are the work horses. Starting QB is now a freshmen. Senior QB tore ACL early in the year. We won’t quit. #4 will play no matter the score. He loves to just play. 

Hate to hear a kid losing his senior year to injury. I hope he heals up well. Safe travels to H2O. 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:07 PM, Sequatchie33 said:

:roflol::roflol:

You all have been punched in the mouth numerous times this season haven't you?  It's kind of like running a race and getting your leg chopped off.  It's hard to compete with Usain bolts with one leg.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

On 10/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, MakingSense2u said:

I will have to agree, everything I have read on Meigs indicates they can really pound you on both sides of the ball.  I did hear something about the Marion score not really indicitive of how the game went.  But it doesnt really matter, everyone is looking for the next win.

I myself have said the score could have been misleading but after rewatching it I don't feel it was.  Do not listen to what you heard. Go watch the film. Meigs was dominant. If certain things happened, or this or that, maybe it could have been but that was not the case.

Meigs outgained Marion like 260 to 130 in yards and that was with just running clock and punting the 4th quarter.  I don't believe Marion County ever got close to scoring. The newspaper said the furthest they drove the ball was near the 30 yard line. They almost broke a run and dropped a pass but that is that. 

Meigs also started the game by driving down to the 1 yard line and missed out on points due to Marion standing tall at the goal line. Marion did not play that bad. 

Marions QB did go down but he continued to play the rest of the game. He is vital to their offense. The problem with Marion County is they are one dimensional. Meigs rush Defense is stout. 

Meigs does have difficulty with passing teams and tackling in space. Its not a secret. Watch the film from last couple of years. Heck, just watch the Tyner game. 19 to 18. We barely survived that one. 

I was able to watch some film on these H2O boys. I'm going to tell you something. That Cousino reminds me a lot of that Hampton QB and SG QB. He might be better. He looks good. I believe it said he is a 3 year starter. He has a good team around him also. 

He throws a nice deep ball. A very tight mid range pass with some whip on it and he moves around in the pocket well and he knows how to avoid pressure and he has some wheels. 

If Tyner's QB had any mobility they would have upset us. This Cousino kid looks to me anyways to be more of a threat and athlete but that's just my opinion. I do not want any one going crazy. He does have 3 years of experience playing in big games.

Prior to the Meigs/Marion game everyone was saying Marion is loaded and Meigs played no one. Marion will win the East. Now everyone is saying Meigs has the East locked up. 

I am pulling a Ben Smith and that Transitive property mambajamba stuff he was talking about. 

Meigs County could be in trouble if we run into Tyner or H2O. 

However with a senior loaded team and a ton of talent and athletes and several key contributors on both sides of the ball I believe Meigs is determined to get that Monkey off their back. 

4 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I myself have said the score could have been misleading but after rewatching it I don't feel it was.  Do not listen to what you heard. Go watch the film. Meigs was dominant. If certain things happened, or this or that, maybe it could have been but that was not the case.

Meigs outgained Marion like 260 to 130 in yards and that was with just running clock and punting the 4th quarter.  I don't believe Marion County ever got close to scoring. The newspaper said the furthest they drove the ball was near the 30 yard line. They almost broke a run and dropped a pass but that is that. 

Meigs also started the game by driving down to the 1 yard line and missed out on points due to Marion standing tall at the goal line. Marion did not play that bad. 

Marions QB did go down but he continued to play the rest of the game. He is vital to their offense. The problem with Marion County is they are one dimensional. Meigs rush Defense is stout. 

Meigs does have difficulty with passing teams and tackling in space. Its not a secret. Watch the film from last couple of years. Heck, just watch the Tyner game. 19 to 18. We barely survived that one. 

I was able to watch some film on these H2O boys. I'm going to tell you something. That Cousino reminds me a lot of that Hampton QB and SG QB. He might be better. He looks good. I believe it said he is a 3 year starter. He has a good team around him also. 

He throws a nice deep ball. A very tight mid range pass with some whip on it and he moves around in the pocket well and he knows how to avoid pressure and he has some wheels. 

If Tyner's QB had any mobility they would have upset us. This Cousino kid looks to me anyways to be more of a threat and athlete but that's just my opinion. I do not want any one going crazy. He does have 3 years of experience playing in big games.

Prior to the Meigs/Marion game everyone was saying Marion is loaded and Meigs played no one. Marion will win the East. Now everyone is saying Meigs has the East locked up. 

I am pulling a Ben Smith and that Transitive property mambajamba stuff he was talking about. 

However with a senior loaded team and a ton of talent and athletes and several key contributors on both sides of the ball I believe Meigs is determined to get that Monkey off their back. 

Cousino is a great leader and has been fun to watch! He's great when the play breaks down & and he lives to play another down! Doesn't force anything and rarely turns the ball over. 

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Let me pose this question to you, say the tables were reversed, if carrol couldn't run, and he had half your yards, do you still think meigs would have been dominant?  I have given meigs all the praise I can, they are a great team, better than I thought really, but I would say that the score would have probably been reversed or maybe a 2 score game if tae could run and carrol not.  Tae being in the game still is of no meaning because it is easy to fly to the ball when you know that their is no threat by the qb.  Injuries happen as well but the small sample size before that indicates that meigs was possibly gonna be on their heels trying to defend both.  In my opinion the team panicked when he went down as evidence by all the penalties.  Mc did play bait, but I can tell you that we played the best we have ever played if that's what makes you feel good.  It is the coaches responsibility to have someone else ready in the weeks moving forward and it is also their responsibility that they are in this position with this 1920 offense when your best player gets injured.  I have said all year that it is hard to run this offense when you play a good team.  H20 knows how valuable our qb is.  We gave them a mild scare last year for a bit.  One of the meigs posters was talking about hammering rockwood in the regular season and when swafford went down they beat yall in the playoffs.  Same scenario imo.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Let me pose this question to you, say the tables were reversed, if carrol couldn't run, and he had half your yards, do you still think meigs would have been dominant?  I have given meigs all the praise I can, they are a great team, better than I thought really, but I would say that the score would have probably been reversed or maybe a 2 score game if tae could run and carrol not.  Tae being in the game still is of no meaning because it is easy to fly to the ball when you know that their is no threat by the qb.  Injuries happen as well but the small sample size before that indicates that meigs was possibly gonna be on their heels trying to defend both.  In my opinion the team panicked when he went down as evidence by all the penalties.  Mc did play bait, but I can tell you that we played the best we have ever played if that's what makes you feel good.  It is the coaches responsibility to have someone else ready in the weeks moving forward and it is also their responsibility that they are in this position with this 1920 offense when your best player gets injured.  I have said all year that it is hard to run this offense when you play a good team.  H20 knows how valuable our qb is.  We gave them a mild scare last year for a bit.  One of the meigs posters was talking about hammering rockwood in the regular season and when swafford went down they beat yall in the playoffs.  Same scenario imo.

I agree with you and I've said same thing over and over. I dont get my feelings hurt.

If Carroll is out it is up to our Defense to score for us. It's that's eggs and bacon and simple.

We got Ben Smith and Key and Carrol's little brother and Shaver but Carrol runs that offense just like Taye and he he gets those guys the ball. 

I doubt Ben or Huckaby is going to step in and do what he does but I say we could still compete and still get a score or two with them running the offense or the backup QB. 

Let's talk about that year Swaffor went down.

We beat Rockwood something like 49 to 14 regular season. I think it could have been worse.

Playoff time Rockwood came to hit Swafford hard. Not saying they played dirty but there was several penalties early for personal fouls and late hits and some not called before he got hurt.

He went down early and Meigs lost 8-9.

Rockwood lost a close game to Tyner in semifinals the next week 16 to 10

Then Tyner lost to UC in a one score game in the state championship.

I believe Meigs was easily best team in the State that year with a healthy Swafford. 

So with Tae it's a different ballgame and without Carroll Meigs will hope it's defense shuts outs teams and puts up points which it's done in several games this year.

I'm not counting the points we have giving up on 2nd and 3rd string now. So don't go saying Meigs don't have seven shutouts this year.