TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

50 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

That's what I said in an earlier post. That was the worst performance I've seen all year. Meigs had a lot to do with it though. Just too many mistakes early coupled with Taye getting hurt put us behind the 8 ball. I believe Taye makes a difference in the game but I can't say we win if he's healthy. Meigs should represent the East easily.

It depends on who we play. You haven't seen us in a couple years. Teams that throw it against us have a lot more success. It looked like 75% of Marion's formations against us they lined up 11 on the line on offense.  They didn't even put any guys out wide or spread us out or show us any threat of a pass.

We run into an improved or determined Tyner or if H20 has more diversity of offense it's a coin toss or if Taye is back and healthy. 

I watched several of your guys games. He is a major difference maker. His ability to break a big play or two could be a big factor in a low scoring game. 

I wouldn't count Marion County out just yet.

I do feel our fellas our the favorites with their experience and hunger and talent. That's a deadly combination.

But throw in playoff football, weather, injuries, refs, penalties, turnovers, etc.

It's going to be fun couple of weeks

Good luck to all the region 3 teams in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

It depends on who we play. You haven't seen us in a couple years. Teams that throw it against us have a lot more success. It looked like 75% of Marion's formations against us they lined up 11 on the line on offense.  They didn't even put any guys out wide or spread us out or show us any threat of a pass.

We run into an improved or determined Tyner or if H20 has more diversity of offense it's a coin toss or if Taye is back and healthy. 

I watched several of your guys games. He is a major difference maker. His ability to break a big play or two could be a big factor in a low scoring game. 

I wouldn't count Marion County out just yet.

I do feel our fellas our the favorites with their experience and hunger and talent. That's a deadly combination.

But throw in playoff football, weather, injuries, refs, penalties, turnovers, etc.

It's going to be fun couple of weeks

Good luck to all the region 3 teams in the playoffs

I saw the Tyner game and wondered if Marion might try to throw some of the quick outs like Tyner was successful with. We just line up and run. We have a few pass plays out of the formation (the dropped TD was one of them). If Taye can't play we won't make it past 2nd round.

He did say he would've scored if he hadn't got tripped up and hurt on that 2nd play. Hopefully he can play and at least finish out his career giving it his all. I would hope that for any kid.

Good luck to all Region 3 teams 

3 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I saw the Tyner game and wondered if Marion might try to throw some of the quick outs like Tyner was successful with. We just line up and run. We have a few pass plays out of the formation (the dropped TD was one of them). If Taye can't play we won't make it past 2nd round.

He did say he would've scored if he hadn't got tripped up and hurt on that 2nd play. Hopefully he can play and at least finish out his career giving it his all. I would hope that for any kid.

Good luck to all Region 3 teams 

I believe he might have scored,  maybe a couple. He is electric.  He would have took some hard hits running the ball all night though. 

I feel we overuse and run our QB too much. We were up 20 with less than 10 minutes to go and it was obvious the game plan looked like run the ball and clock then punt it. Our QB took several big hits late in that game. I know the staff wants the ball in his hands and trust him but we got some other solid backs and reliable players.

It's risky running your QB 30 times a game. That's what we do.  Think he had 28 carries for around 125 or something like that. I'm sure its same for you. Our guy takes a beating every week. 

46 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I believe he might have scored,  maybe a couple. He is electric.  He would have took some hard hits running the ball all night though. 

I feel we overuse and run our QB too much. We were up 20 with less than 10 minutes to go and it was obvious the game plan looked like run the ball and clock then punt it. Our QB took several big hits late in that game. I know the staff wants the ball in his hands and trust him but we got some other solid backs and reliable players.

It's risky running your QB 30 times a game. That's what we do.  Think he had 28 carries for around 125 or something like that. I'm sure its same for you. Our guy takes a beating every week. 

I was surprised he was still running it too. He took some shots that turned him complete flips. He is a stud but you shouldn't be taking those shots when the game is in hand.

6 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I have said that the game was closer than the score but now for a couple days Marion County has been saying how they played the worst game they could have played.

Meigs made a lot of mistakes also. Our first possession we drove it down to the one or two yard line on first down and should have easily punched that in. Marion County's Defense stood up right there thanks in part to our play calling but your guys held us and got the ball back for your offense who strung together some nice runs.

Meigs outplayed Marion. They were busting through the line. #8 Ben Smith saw that sweep going to # 8 on 3rd and 8 I think it was and hit him in the backfield for a roughly 7 or 8 yard loss. He had no chance. That it's how most of the game played out.  I had said these seniors # 1,2,3, 8, 15, 19, 26, 77 were going to show up. Im probably missing several more key contributors. They do every week. This Meigs team more balanced all around. 

Meigs could have also added another score or two possibly. As easily as you say it could have been one way it could have been the other. Meigs could have won 34 to 0.meigs was content with running clock and punting fourth quarter.

Total yards Meigs 270 I think and Marion around 130.

Marion only got over midfield one time entire game folks. Furthest they got was the 27 yard line.

# 8 for Meigs is special. That kid is all business. He just wants to hit somebody.

With Taye they are different animal. It would have been a different game wit hi.. running the ball. Maybe Marion even pulls out the W but all that worst game they played nonsense is a little stretch. Meigs was the reason for that.

Same thing I have said also.  It was Marion's worst game, meigs had a hand in that, but they didn't have a hand in dropped balls, 80 yards in penalties and other things that happened.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.  Marion did get across the 50 more than once though, but not many, thanks to the all powerful, all time east favorite meigs.   Does that make you feel better?  Did some Meigs posters say the Meigs game was yalls worst, which it was?  I never said mc would have won with tae, they probably wouldn't given the way they played but I know it would have been a lot closer.  No way in heck this game is easily 34-0 though, that is an ignorant statement but if you want people to think that then if we get a chance to play again please tell Fitz to make it that way.  After the long punt return the defense stiffened and almost got another stop on 4th and 8 when the best player ever in the entire state dove and caught a pass and scored, that works both ways I guess.  

18 hours ago, H2Oman said:

It’s kind of strange to me that all this disrespect for the coaches from the players and Blake sucks comments are just coming out after Watertown beats y’all???

I didn’t hear a peep of this when y’all were sitting there 8-0 and demolishing Gordy, Smith and Macon.

Judging by the empty seats you had Friday… I would bet it’s a TC fan problem you have… not a coaching issue!

This same coach you guys are downing took you to the semis 2 yrs in a row!! 

This is true but this was a dropped ball on his behalf. He had two weeks to get the kids ready for the biggest game of the year, and he failed to do so, he gave them a week off, no practices, no weights. That is why i'm frustrated along with others. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

But your talking 4 - 5 yrs before this happens correct?  I know your middle school  team was awful.

Very interested to know what age group they are talking about...  I've seen the younger teams getting steamrolled the last few years by Smith County and Gville

Edited by fsurules

56 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

But your talking 4 - 5 yrs before this happens correct?  I know your middle school  team was awful.

Its more like 5-7 years away, but there is a ton of talent down there, MS team has 2-3 players but the rest is rough, we have a kid from Utah that will be a pretty good player from the MS team, but the youth league is littered with 2nd gen players and have loads of potential, RTD is right though they are talented at Football, Basketball, and Baseball 

• Like 2

• CoachT locked this topic