Greeneville vs South Doyle 1st round

BatmanDevil

4 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

From first hand the  teams I’ve seen improve have been Haywood and Hardin county and tullahoma. This is the best defense Haywood has had in 26 years dating back to the 14-1 season in 94-95

As I've said,whoever comes out of the east, you just never know how you will matchup with teams that you haven't played. It's nice to read all the praise Greeneville gets,but I'm the guy that doesn't count anything until the championship is over and a few years have passed.Just in case something like Reggie Bush and the Heisman happens.In other words,I think of every negative before I fully enjoy the victory. Yes that's an exaggeration,but I try to keep things real.The Devils have a great chance this year but we know there are a few teams in 4A that could also beat DB and Oak Ridge by a good margin.Greeneville showed they are not invincible in those games and for that alone should stay humble and hungry every week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

As I've said,whoever comes out of the east, you just never know how you will matchup with teams that you haven't played. It's nice to read all the praise Greeneville gets,but I'm the guy that doesn't count anything until the championship is over and a few years have passed.Just in case something like Reggie Bush and the Heisman happens.In other words,I think of every negative before I fully enjoy the victory. Yes that's an exaggeration,but I try to keep things real.The Devils have a great chance this year but we know there are a few teams in 4A that could also beat DB and Oak Ridge by a good margin.Greeneville showed they are not invincible in those games and for that alone should stay humble and hungry every week.

Batman, I’ve watched a lot of 4A teams this year. Seen more of what teams are like in the west. I even used an “unapproved website” to project match ups to get an idea of what might happen. I even listed previous championship years for the Devils against the Devils. Not surprisingly the scores and outcomes were very much the same.  IMO, I think this team is better all around and is a more “complete” team than before. Unless something off the wall happens, I think the Devils make it to Chattanooga and gain another championship.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

Batman, I’ve watched a lot of 4A teams this year. Seen more of what teams are like in the west. I even used an “unapproved website” to project match ups to get an idea of what might happen. I even listed previous championship years for the Devils against the Devils. Not surprisingly the scores and outcomes were very much the same.  IMO, I think this team is better all around and is a more “complete” team than before. Unless something off the wall happens, I think the Devils make it to Chattanooga and gain another championship.  

Don't get me wrong,I myself favor the Devils to go all the way this year.That said,I know better from years of watching sports and from my own experience to say anything is a done deal. One example is the first time I entered one of my sons into a benchpress competition. He was 13 and they put him in with an older boy.I watched the other boy warming up backstage with more weight then my son had ever warmed up with at the time.I knew second was the best we could get " unless " I tricked my son and the other boy made a mistake. How ? At the time my son had never pressed more then 215 when you have to stop at the bottom and wait for the judge to say lift, and that was the other boys opening lift.I knew the other boy had done a lot of reps backstage and I held my boy back until his second lift. I told him he was very strong that day and he could do 220 easily. It was the first time he had ever tried it and I didn't know if he could get it or not but made him believe.Sure enough he got it and the other boy done what I'd hoped.He went to heavy and failed on his next two attempts and my son won with a 225 ,probably 30 pounds less then the other boy could have done.Point being as someone said,you don't have to be the best every time,just that one .

Edited by BatmanDevil

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Jan 1st in the  IFL championship game.

Winner gets Oakland

Wish Ballard's crew coulda took the field against a nationally ranked Brentwood Academy squad in '17...or was it '18...

Perhaps my cocaptain can confirm

Edited by ETN423
shout out

1 hour ago, ETN423 said:

Winner gets Oakland

Wish Ballard's crew coulda took the field against a nationally ranked Brentwood Academy squad in '17...or was it '18...

Perhaps my cocaptain can confirm

There is a reason many private schools get nationally ranked.One is they are usually loaded with prospects and also well coached with great facilities to boot.That doesn't mean they are really the number 5-10-15 or 20 team in the country but have the ability to possibly be that if they played all the other many top schools around the United States .Yes they are going to take most really great public schools to the woodshed but when teams like Oakland, Maryville and other really good teams are loaded,they would also have a chance to compete on any given night if things fall their way .So,in short we have to depend on the IFL and let everyone pound their chest ..

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

Great Short Film on Greeneville vs Oak Ridge Game.  You can tell Spradlen is a good coach and motivator.  The kids love him and he has came along from being the quieter coach when he first joined Greeneville in 2007 as a Db's Coach.

Nice video and it definitely gets you fired up for today, GameDay !

46 minutes ago, ETN423 said:

Seems like I recall someone thinking earlier in the season that the Cherokees had something for us...

The real question is:

Does the clock start running in the 3rd or 4th quarter?

SD going to put some whoopie Bootie on Greeneville. Go SD bring 2nd Rd back to KTown where it should be.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

29 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

SD going to put some whoopie Bootie on Greeneville. Go SD bring 2nd Rd back to KTown where it should be.

It could happen Mav but honestly,how much money if you were a betting man,would you really put on SD tonight.. When Tennessee played Miami in the sugar bowl years ago,I bet on the Vols and gave 7 points to boot.Most folks thought Miami would kill UT that night but I knew what kind of defense they had and could have bet the farm to anyone at that rate but it was just my Alabama loving uncle for twenty bucks.He threw the twenty at me afterwards . I'm not a betting man but if you're that confident in SD, I'd take the Devils and 7 points for any amount you like ,ha

Edited by BatmanDevil