Bearden open

HTV

12 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

HTV already answered pretty much.  In addition, the current admin at Bearden do not care about athletics nor know what they are doing

They know they just have to get a coach atleast one week before Farragut. Bulldogs play a one game schedule. :roflol:

Reading all of the comments about how the administration doesn't care about football, why did the old HC resign? Isn't Bearden always right around .500 and in playoff contention? Was the community getting restless? Was the HC just over it? Anyways, wouldn't the DC be a prime option as a replacement? Don't know him or anything about him, but just looking at the performance of the defense, seems like he probably knows what he's doing. And if the school has no positions to offer external hires, wouldn't this make sense? First order of business would be fixing that god awful offense. 

59 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

This is what happens when AD's are not paid positions and the duties are put on an assistant principal (aka a glorified classroom teacher)

Definition of an assistant principal (aka a glorified classroom teacher)- a person who has 4-5 years of college for a Bachelor's degree, another year for a Masters degree and another year of educational administrative course work for the opportunity to be called a glorified classroom teacher. No respect!

26 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Definition of an assistant principal (aka a glorified classroom teacher)- a person who has 4-5 years of college for a Bachelor's degree, another year for a Masters degree and another year of educational administrative course work for the opportunity to be called a glorified classroom teacher. No respect!

All the respect in the world for public educators. Just calling an AP what it is in the Knox County Schools. Usually has a lot more to do with who you know rather than merit. I know a lot of good qualified people that have been passed over for administrative openings. I understand this is the case in many fields but not as rampant as public ed.

27 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

All I read was "taking out loans for degrees that give the illusion of expertise" 

2 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Just because athletics are successful does not mean that the administration does what is best for athletics or supports them very well

I see, that makes sense I guess. Do you have confidence they'll make a solid hire here? Seems like there are a lot of interesting factors at work. Do Jones/Bradley get pique your interest? Someone else suggested the current DC. Seems like a great coach but maybe program needs offensive mind? 

Edited by PostingGawd39

6 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

I see, that makes sense I guess. Do you have confidence they'll make a solid hire here? Seems like there are a lot of interesting factors at work. Do Jones/Bradley get pique your interest? Someone else suggested the current DC. Seems like a great coach but maybe program needs offensive mind? 

Agree that the offense needs the most work. I'd say it would be easier to find an OC to fix the offensive issues than to take a chance on an "offensive mind" and risk losing the DC to somewhere else. A better offense would have given Bearden 2-3 more wins this year. A better offense with the absence of their DC, they probably only beat Hardin Valley. 

19 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Josh Jones is one of the best offensive minds in East TN. Look at what he has done at Powell in his short time there. He would not require a teaching position because he has never worked in public education outside of coaching. He may be exactly what Bearden needs.

Jones is a great offensive coach and would make a great HC. Whoever ends up coaching their offense will need lots of help because they do not have a QB on the roster, IMO. They have a promising freshman that played this year but I think he would be better utilized at other skill positions.

47 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

Agree that the offense needs the most work. I'd say it would be easier to find an OC to fix the offensive issues than to take a chance on an "offensive mind" and risk losing the DC to somewhere else. A better offense would have given Bearden 2-3 more wins this year. A better offense with the absence of their DC, they probably only beat Hardin Valley. 

Defense is irrelevant when you have a strong enough offense that can go the distance and score for score with another team. I have said since the beginning on this thread. I see this being the best coach available... that is known for coaching offense. Also, I do not see a promotion from within with it taking this long to make an announcement.

28 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I do not have much confidence that the hire will be solid.  There are definitely many variables/obstacles in play that other schools or school systems do not worry about as much (like moving non-coaches out of PE).  The current DC did an outstanding job this season.  Not sure about Bradley moving into 6A public school football.  Jones is intriguing.  He seems to have talent wherever he is.

I think the PE situation you are referring to would be a non-factor if they choose to go with a Jones type hire. He wouldn't need a position in the building. He could have an assistant in the building handle things on the academic end.

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Josh Jones is one of the best offensive minds in East TN. Look at what he has done at Powell in his short time there. He would not require a teaching position because he has never worked in public education outside of coaching. He may be exactly what Bearden needs.

This makes me giggle…..