Bearden open

HTV

What I'm hearing from my perch at West High;

Josh Jones is the leading candidate, would simplify issues as far as faculty congestion, and would serve as a "splashy" offensive hire. Also word is Brad Taylor & Rusty Bradley are interviewing sometime at the beginning of the week. First interviews start today.

Edited by edwardblake

5 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

What I'm hearing from my perch at West High;

Josh Jones is the leading candidate, would simplify issues as far as faculty congestion, and would serve as a "splashy" offensive hire. Also word is Brad Taylor & Rusty Bradley are interviewing sometime at the beginning of the week. First interviews start today.

I am also hearing a lot of the same. An unfortunate situation if they hire Jones, IMO. Could end up a train wreck. Will have to wait and see. Lots of info being spilled now that they have assembled their hiring committee. Not exactly an air tight committee as far as spilling gossip. 

4 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I am also hearing a lot of the same. An unfortunate situation if they hire Jones, IMO. Could end up a train wreck. Will have to wait and see. Lots of info being spilled now that they have assembled their hiring committee. Not exactly an air tight committee as far as spilling gossip. 

One thing's for sure. If it ends up being Jones, you won't have any talent issues.

54 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

Word is the squawking panel member is the girls bball coach. Tell me you're a basketball school without telling me you're a basketball school. :roflol::roflol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

They would need @dawgs82 to approve the transfer.

So dawgs82's handle comes from the fact that he graduated from the University of Georgia in 1982.  He's not even from Knoxville. He went to high school in North Carolina.  

You are barking up the wrong tree there, pun intended. 

On 11/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, edwardblake said:

According to the KCS website they have posted jobs for head baseball, head football, head track, head cheer twice, and softball three times....... just this year. Thank goodness West has one of the best admins around, I'd hate that much turnover. Coach McNish does a great job at West with the baseball program. First class all the way.

I have heard very good things about him from some old friends of mine that their boy's played for him