5A Playoffs - Region 3 vs. Region 4

osunut2

Chalk held in round 1. Powell jumped out to a 42-0 2nd quarter lead against Ooltewah, then put the back-ups in for the entire 2nd half, while Rhea County had very little trouble with Campbell County. Oak Ridge had a chance to send their game with McMinn County to OT, but they were stopped just short of the goal line on 4th and goal with 3 seconds to play. Karns scored a late TD to take a 2-pt lead against Walker Valley, but the Mustangs were able to get in the red zone with about a min to play; I didn't see this live, but an unsportsmanlike penalty on WV on 4th down from the 12 turned a 29-yard FG attempt into a potential 44-yarder, so the Mustangs kept their offense on the field. Karns came up with the stop and ultimately the win. This also marked the Beavers first-ever playoff victory.

In Round 2, Karns heads to Rhea County while McMinn County makes the drive up to Powell. Will we see chalk again?

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Karns scored a late TD to take a 2-pt lead against Walker Valley, but the Mustangs were able to get in the red zone with about a min to play; I didn't see this live, but an unsportsmanlike penalty on WV on 4th down from the 12 turned a 29-yard FG attempt into a potential 44-yarder, so the Mustangs kept their offense on the field. Karns came up with the stop and ultimately the win. This also marked the Beavers first-ever playoff victory.

It was a horrendous call by the refs. Watched the video numerous times. There was zero reason to throw the flag. I’d post it I knew how. 

18 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

It was a horrendous call by the refs. Watched the video numerous times. There was zero reason to throw the flag. I’d post it I knew how. 

So getting in the face of an opponent after you've made a play against them isn't grounds for an unsportsmanlike?  

Zero ties to Karns here, but I saw it too.  Had no issue with the call.  You just can't do that in high school football, or any level of football in this day and time for that matter.  It will get flagged every time.  

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

So getting in the face of an opponent after you've made a play against them isn't grounds for an unsportsmanlike?  

Zero ties to Karns here, but I saw it too.  Had no issue with the call.  You just can't do that in high school football, or any level of football in this day and time for that matter.  It will get flagged every time.  

Tell me how to post a video. Let everyone decide. Number 9 clearly steps into Lay as he’s getting up. Lay looks at him and turns to run back to play. He did not “get in his face”. Regardless, the refs held their flags all night and then throw one that changed the outcome of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Tell me how to post a video. Let everyone decide. Number 9 clearly steps into Lay as he’s getting up. Lay looks at him and turns to run back to play. He did not “get in his face”. Regardless, the refs held their flags all night and then throw one that changed the outcome of the game. 

Just so we are clear, unsportsmanlikes are thrown for actions and words.  Almost Every.  Single.  Game.  

Edited by HTV

12 minutes ago, HTV said:

Just so we are clear, unsportsmanlikes are thrown for actions and words.  Almost Every.  Single.  Game.  

No doubt about it, which is why this one is absurd. Literally nothing to warrant a flag. If any it would need to be on 9 for stepping into him. I just want to post the video so people can see how bogus this was…. Not looking to argue with a Karns homer.

57 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

No doubt about it, which is why this one is absurd. Literally nothing to warrant a flag. If any it would need to be on 9 for stepping into him. I just want to post the video so people can see how bogus this was…. Not looking to argue with a Karns homer.

HTV isn't a Karns homer. Neither am I. Did the kid say anything at all? There are choice words that the refs flag 100% of the time in high school.

1 hour ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

If you want to post the video, you'll have to do it as an embedded link (see the options at the top of the reply window) or as an attachment (see options at the bottom of the reply window).

4 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Hello McFly - I have zero to do with Karns High School.  

Absolutely zero.  

And I am not going to argue, either, but I watched it and I saw the Walker Valley kid react after he ran over the Karns player.  It was pretty obvious that there was a verbal exchange.  

So are you a Walker Valley homer?  Maybe you are the one not able to see it because of your allegiance.  

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

If you want to post the video, you'll have to do it as an embedded link (see the options at the top of the reply window) or as an attachment (see options at the bottom of the reply window).

Here it is….

https://m.imgur.com/a/o4hPYCC

I see nothing worth throwing a flag on. Lay clearly stand up and is trying to get away from 9. If anything,  9 stepped toward Lay, but even his actions would not warrant a flag imo. To big of a moment. It literally cost WV the game. 

By the way this play immediately followed. …..yet nothing was called..

https://m.imgur.com/a/uFKs1W9

Edited by Rockytopmojo7