5A Playoffs - Region 3 vs. Region 4

osunut2

Just now, keepitmoving said:

Threw 11 games Powell has averaged 37 points a game.  I guess it depends on who you ask if the offense is struggling?  Powell's defense is finally playing up to there potential.  With that said Powell wins by a lot.  May even be a running clock to start the 3rd.  JMO 

Pops has got his groove back! Take no prisoners!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Threw 11 games Powell has averaged 37 points a game.  I guess it depends on who you ask if the offense is struggling?  Powell's defense is finally playing up to there potential.  With that said Powell wins by a lot.  May even be a running clock to start the 3rd.  JMO 

I didn't say that they were struggling offensively. I said that they have struggled with offensive consistency. I'm specifically thinking of the Clinton and Halls games, but also some of the inconsistent offensive play-calling.

I know you probably have an opinion on this, but I'm not sure how Walter Nolan was named a Mr. Football semifinalist over Jordyn Potts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I didn't say that they were struggling offensively. I said that they have struggled with offensive consistency. I'm specifically thinking of the Clinton and Halls games, but also some of the inconsistent offensive play-calling.

I know you probably have an opinion on this, but I'm not sure how Walter Nolan was named a Mr. Football semifinalist over Jordyn Potts.

Yeah, that was a result of Nolen being "known" in both West and East Tennessee and Potts basically being an East Tennessee known commodity.  Potts really deserved that slot and one of the guys from East Tennessee who is involved in selecting the semifinalist and winner tried really hard to push for Potts over Nolen.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Semifinalist for Mr. Football is a waist of time.  They just need to go ahead and ship the trophy to Bishop.  If he doesn't win it there is a def. problem with the voting system.  lol

McMinn has a nice football team.   I think they might give Plow a pretty good test.  They have a great athlete with experience at qb. Great runner and can extend plays.   They play very clean with few penalties.  They are quick and tough, very well coached.   I keep hearing that Plow might be without some receivers this week in addition to the one that Nolan carried off the field.  Should be a good 2nd round ball game either way.  

17 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

McMinn has a nice football team.   I think they might give Plow a pretty good test.  They have a great athlete with experience at qb. Great runner and can extend plays.   They play very clean with few penalties.  They are quick and tough, very well coached.   I keep hearing that Plow might be without some receivers this week in addition to the one that Nolan carried off the field.  Should be a good 2nd round ball game either way.  

Only WR our for Powell is Collins (because of injury).  All other WR and players are good to go.  Gonna be tough for McMinn County to run there option offense.  Especially up the middle.  Unless McMinn County does something other than what they have all year offensively.  It will be a long night for them. 

On 11/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, 57eagle said:

I didn't see anything on either side worth throwing a flag over. Even if someone said something, with as quickly as they separated how much could they have said? Just my opinion. I'm not a fan of either team.

Agreed, the flag does not seem warranted. The ref trailing the play threw the flag do doubtful he heard anything and not sure what he saw.

Powell needs to be ready, McMinn isn’t flashy, but the quarterback can beat you with his feet and arm. They are pretty good on defense as well, they have some fast defensive backs who can cover and occasionally they will blitz when they think they can get away with it. I think Powell wins, but it may be close and if they avoid those dry spells they have in offense. The poster is right, this one should be on upset alert.

20 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Only WR our for Powell is Collins (because of injury).  All other WR and players are good to go.  Gonna be tough for McMinn County to run there option offense.  Especially up the middle.  Unless McMinn County does something other than what they have all year offensively.  It will be a long night for them. 

I keep hearing Redmon is out Pops, but you would know that better than me for sure.  I still think McMinn will put up a good fight and make Plow earn it.  They just play sound and clean fundamental football and don't hurt themselves with penalties and mistakes.  

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I keep hearing Redmon is out Pops, but you would know that better than me for sure.  I still think McMinn will put up a good fight and make Plow earn it.  They just play sound and clean fundamental football and don't hurt themselves with penalties and mistakes.  

How do you get a HS team to that point?    And I'm being serious.    I have seen Boone have 3 illegal procedure calls in a row.       But it's not just Boone, most high school teams just seem to be lacking in what one would think is kindergarten level stuff....    Like the play starts on 3, so why is somebody moving on 2 ?!?!?!             What are they doing different at McMinn that 90% of the other high schools are not doing?

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

No, he played last week vs Ooltewah.  Even had a TD.  He did sit out the last game of regular season vs Lenoir City.