Rd.2: Dresden @ Fayetteville

HevyReturns

The defending champs are determined to repeat! They’re playing mighty fine football, & until someone beats them they ARE the team to beat. Dresden has to play the Road Warriors and travel a loooong way to the Tigers home field & try to play the spoiler. First time meeting between these teams. I hope both teams play their best ball with zero injuries. Though a long trip I think Lion Nation will travel well and have lots of enthusiastic fans cheering their beasts on.. while you know the fanatics of Fayetteville will be packing it out cheering their beasts on! Should be an epic game! Can Lions upset the Tigers? Will the champions keep rolling on? Time will tell! 

40 minutes ago, hogheaven said:

i heard hodgi locked himself in his basement to do that mad scientist stuff to come up with a game plan !!!   remind him to run give .. just saying

Hehe! .. I watched our game tonight over Eaglesville on that NFHS network and it was run, run, run for sure. The Forrest Gump offensive scheme. And I also watched Fayetteville online too .. they have some MONSTERS on their team. But to be da man we gotta beat da man.. I like our chances, especially IF we stop those MADDENING penalties! I’d be like the former “crazy bro” going bonkers too if I was coaching & our team hurting ourselves with soooo many penalties. No excuses at this late stage. But that’s HS football. And why I’m better as a fan than a coach. 

12 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

The defending champs are determined to repeat! They’re playing mighty fine football, & until someone beats them they ARE the team to beat. Dresden has to play the Road Warriors and travel a loooong way to the Tigers home field & try to play the spoiler. First time meeting between these teams. I hope both teams play their best ball with zero injuries. Though a long trip I think Lion Nation will travel well and have lots of enthusiastic fans cheering their beasts on.. while you know the fanatics of Fayetteville will be packing it out cheering their beasts on! Should be an epic game! Can Lions upset the Tigers? Will the champions keep rolling on? Time will tell! 

Very interesting matchup. Dresden looks a lot like Cornersville in some ways. Should be hard nose game but I see Fayetteville pulling away late in this one they got one to many studs and create tough matchups to go against 

24 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Very interesting matchup. Dresden looks a lot like Cornersville in some ways. Should be hard nose game but I see Fayetteville pulling away late in this one they got one to many studs and create tough matchups to go against 

Did you watch the Dresden mckenzie game ?  McKenzie had a bunch of holding penalties. It was a 2 point game in the 4th quarter. Dresden had lots of penetration from the dline and was in the back field a lot 

In an peculiar way perhaps, when such playing-well teams face off I hope for both of their sakes that it’s a back & forth battle to the end with tons of overtime. A battle royale that’s not decided until the last moment by some heroic play. Minimal penalties. No controversial referee involved outcomes. Injury free. Both teams firing full bore on all cylinders. .. Those games that make one battle-tested against awesome opponents helps improve a team (& program) much more than easy blow-out wins over not-as-good teams. In Friday’s round one I thought it was good that Tiger coaches put in mainly freshman (according to radio announcers) when it was clear that the Dawgs couldn’t hang with them.. train the up-and-coming troops and not rub the other teams’ nose in it. And if the non-starters pull away too against others’ main guys, well that bodes well for your team, showing you got some eager & able young studs in the queue for your future team. I’ve seen a few games where it was so obvious that the one team didn’t have a chance, and to avoid possible injuries to either, they agreed to call the game at halftime. It depends on the game & situation I guess. So this coming Friday, these two king of the predator cats, Tigers & Lions, will go at it.. and again, I hope it’s a doozy of a contest! Both teams the better off for the game regardless of the outcome. (But the Lions ARE called the King of the Jungle for a reason, right? Hehe! Hope they live up to that name waaaay down there in Tiger-Town).

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Did you watch the Dresden mckenzie game ?  McKenzie had a bunch of holding penalties. It was a 2 point game in the 4th quarter. Dresden had lots of penetration from the dline and was in the back field a lot 

I noticed that. they got some size up front reason for the Cornersville comparison. QB is a big kid. This game may have more penalty yardage than actual true gain yardage 

10 hours ago, REBFAN07 said:

Yep. Mckenzie had several holding penalties. All on score that were negated?? 4 to be exact?? Give us those 28 points, and then what does game look like?? Maybe fayettville gets those dresden homer refs, then the next week rebs can mop it up close to home!!!

You guys were getting holding calls because Dresden’s dline was beating your oline. 

• Like 1