Rd.2: Dresden @ Fayetteville

HevyReturns

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

Some of you guys to the west seem confident in Dresden.  I like Fayetteville's chances based on the very small amount I know.  What are you seeing when you watch Fayetteville that makes you feel good about the match?  I'm not picking.  Just curious and looking for objective perspectives on the game.

Imo Fayetteville will win the game. Dresden has the potential to make a game of it. If they can keep it close going into the 4th qtr then they could pull the upset. I see Fayetteville winning this game by at least 3 tds but they must play well to do it. If Fayetteville is flat are plays uninspired then Dresden could win the game. I saw Fayetteville play Lake County last year and I know they have most everyone back from that team. Dresden is alot like the Lake County team from last year. Not as fast but similar. The game with LC last year was a one score game until the last 2 minutes so I can see where Dresden can compete it this game. Fayetteville is a year older now and probably has improved alot. I just wouldn't sleep on Dresden.

1 hour ago, GreatTiger said:

Some of you guys to the west seem confident in Dresden.  I like Fayetteville's chances based on the very small amount I know.  What are you seeing when you watch Fayetteville that makes you feel good about the match?  I'm not picking.  Just curious and looking for objective perspectives on the game.

I haven't seen either team play this year. I'm a Dresden fan (who lives in Florida) I listen to the games when they are on the radio. I'm actually surprised at how good Dresden has been playing this year. We are fairly young in many positions but very hard nosed and well coached.  My honest opinion is City should win by 2-3 scores. Dresden is capable of winning this game with a few lucky breaks. The reason we play the game. lol 

HogHeaven talking about them hogs.. YES! LUV IT! For the record, he does know what he’s talking about, first hand experience with both them critters & coaches! Ha! .. I recall my first game when the wind shifted.. I thought a sewage drain had burst or something, I kept looking on that hillside & in them trees & bushes.. it was really quite the stink! Found out later the source.. which them hogs are a homefield advantage for Dresden. We need some huge fans, like from the back of swamp boats, then sit them up on that hill & blow towards the visitors sidelines. Yeah.. that’s an idea! Or use the “remains” & “slop” from the farm to fertilize the field a day or so before, which we all know that whole visitors side really needs lots of help with good, farm-animal, organic fertilizer, that grass over there just don’t want to grow. From the sidelines on past the seating area, that’s worst “won’t-grow” spot .. we should help that situation I think. It’s just a neighborly thing to do. 

19 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Imo Fayetteville will win the game. Dresden has the potential to make a game of it. If they can keep it close going into the 4th qtr then they could pull the upset. I see Fayetteville winning this game by at least 3 tds but they must play well to do it. If Fayetteville is flat are plays uninspired then Dresden could win the game. I saw Fayetteville play Lake County last year and I know they have most everyone back from that team. Dresden is alot like the Lake County team from last year. Not as fast but similar. The game with LC last year was a one score game until the last 2 minutes so I can see where Dresden can compete it this game. Fayetteville is a year older now and probably has improved alot. I just wouldn't sleep on Dresden.

Well said.  We are on the same page. 

19 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I haven't seen either team play this year. I'm a Dresden fan (who lives in Florida) I listen to the games when they are on the radio. I'm actually surprised at how good Dresden has been playing this year. We are fairly young in many positions but very hard nosed and well coached.  My honest opinion is City should win by 2-3 scores. Dresden is capable of winning this game with a few lucky breaks. The reason we play the game. lol 

You make a great point.

he's healthy enough to play but it may be a game-time decision. Although with him we offer a whole different look and we are definitely on a different level, without him we have still been very successful.  #1 Johnson has reached (unofficially) 980 yards this season rushing and has 20 TDs to his credit.  And he's still a Junior.  Like at every school on all levels, someone has to step up to fill the gap and the Tigers seem to have done that easily this year.  Dresden will be a challenge for sure, but I have confidence the Tigers will take care of business Friday.  One. Game. At. A. Time.