Rd.2: Dresden @ Fayetteville

HevyReturns

Fayetteville City is the heavy favorite it this game but Dresden is very capable of making this a tight 4 quarter game. If Dresden can limit the penalties and play turnover free then maybe they can pull off the upset. I think Fayetteville City speed will give Dresden fits. I also think City will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If Dresden can force a few turnovers and slow the game down limiting City's big plays  they can leave with a win. With that said Fayetteville wins by 3 tds. Good luck to both teams.

Tigers playing at home is a biggie advantage. A four hour bus ride is exhausting. With perhaps stops too, that could be up to a 5 or 6 hour trip, one-way. uhgg. IDK if it’s a yellow school bus ride (yikes!) or if they fork over the moola & get a big cushy charter bus with bathrooms (better!). I do know that, for those able to, eating dark chocolate, plus B-vitamins, Ginseng, & Taurine tablet are great natural-supplement energy boosters to off-set that inevitable bus-lag. We better not underestimate the effect that trip might have, and I’m sure the coaches will know how to get our guys ready in this regard. Lion Nation faithful have a looong trip ahead too. But our crazy fans are well-known for bringing a good crowd on away games, & we’re loud & proud! Noisey & enthusiastic trying to make a 12th-man difference. We’ll need all kinds of help & aids to pull this off.. but for this homer it won’t be that much of a shock when we do so. Dresden is getting gooder & gooder every game & play. Now if either team happens to win decisively because of being simply better (vs. a win helped by bad calls, injured or sick players, self-imploding needless penalties, etc), then that’ll definitely send a notice to any doubters & naysayers of either team. Because both are beasty teams, & not just in their mascot name either. So a big score victory would be a huge “statement” for the winner, cause I don’t think either team is a slouch or pushover. Can hardly wait to see how this turns out. GOOOO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!  

btw, the long-range weather forecast I just saw is 50% chance of rain both Thursday & Friday, plus chilly, so field conditions & weather may be a decisive factor too. We’ll see soon enough! 

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

I fully expect Dresden to compete and keep this game close. Fayetteville scores late to secure the victory 28-14.

Spot on here my guy. Dresden will give CIty fits all the way until the end. Think Fayetteville just has one to many horses and is more battle tested and that pays off big this time of year.