Round 2 - Ripley @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I watched the YouTube video of the game earlier this season between these two. Ripley gave the Chargers a good game. I saw the Tigers get an interception and two fumble recoveries. Covington is going to have to avoid turnovers in the rematch.

Also in the first match up didn’t Ripley go away from their predominately run based offense and go spread, throwing the ball all over the field?  Wonder if they will do that again this time??

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I watched the YouTube video of the game earlier this season between these two. Ripley gave the Chargers a good game. I saw the Tigers get an interception and two fumble recoveries. Covington is going to have to avoid turnovers in the rematch.

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Also in the first match up didn’t Ripley go away from their predominately run based offense and go spread, throwing the ball all over the field?  Wonder if they will do that again this time??

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE Covington has made a few changes in the secondary since that game. If they try to throw it hopefully the DBs can put a stop to the passing game. I think Ripley will pull out everything to beat the Chargers this week. 

Jalen Fayne is the key guy for the Chargers. He’s a senior and we are going to really miss him next year. He’s what? A running back, another option at quarterback, a defensive back, a punt returner, a blocker for place kicks, etc. I think you could probably count the plays in a game that Jalen is on the sideline on one hand.  Talk about an Iron Man. And, he not only plays those positions, he excels at all of them.

He’s my candidate for Unsung Hero.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

From the Covington Leader:

The Chargers (8-2) will host one of their oldest and most bitter foes on Friday night in the Ripley Tigers. The winner advances to next week’s Class 3A state quarterfinals.

“Covington and Ripley know one another really well,” Kirby said. “There is no love lost between the two programs. They gave us a fight back in September, particularly in the passing game. We have to contain (quarterback) Jack Hearn and do a better job in the secondary.”

• Like 1