Region 6-5A

lionvol

48 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

FC went for two on the extra point after scoring with 1 minute left and making it a 41-40 game!

playing our 3rd string freshman QB and 3 hurt offensive lineman, it was an incredible effort!

I was sitting at the Page game and following the other scores in between. I was super impressed with Franklin County. It sounds like you guys absolutely had a shot in that one. For a young coach in his second year, this could absolutely serve as a great learning experience that paves the way to future success for your program. Hopefully it’s just the beginning for you guys in getting back to having a strong program again.

50 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I was sitting at the Page game and following the other scores in between. I was super impressed with Franklin County. It sounds like you guys absolutely had a shot in that one. For a young coach in his second year, this could absolutely serve as a great learning experience that paves the way to future success for your program. Hopefully it’s just the beginning for you guys in getting back to having a strong program again.

Coach Cunningham, knows what he's doing. If FC gives him the time required to build a program, they will be successful. As for the other upsets ( if you can call them that), if you don't challenge yourself outside of your region, it's going to show up in the playoffs

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Coach Cunningham, knows what he's doing. If FC gives him the time required to build a program, they will be successful. As for the other upsets ( if you can call them that), if you don't challenge yourself outside of your region, it's going to show up in the playoffs

I agree with that. My concern has just been whether they were going to work with him and be patient. My hope is the season goes a long way to helping the school want to keep letting him build this.

I most certainly agree with that. It is essential to schedule tough and get ready for the playoffs. Case in point. I think Shelbyville’s non region schedule prepared them for Rockvale. 

1 hour ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I agree with that. My concern has just been whether they were going to work with him and be patient. My hope is the season goes a long way to helping the school want to keep letting him build this.

I most certainly agree with that. It is essential to schedule tough and get ready for the playoffs. Case in point. I think Shelbyville’s non region schedule prepared them for Rockvale. 

For a lot of programs, being successful is a slow process. You can't win if your changing coaches every 2-3 years. Coach Cunningham has been around a lot of great coaches and was a great position coach himself at his stops before FC. At the risk of sounding like a cliche, FC folks have to trust the process

20 hours ago, lionvol said:

Who would have ever thought 4 weeks ago that after week one of the playoffs, 3 of the 4 teams, Page, Columbia and Nolensville all advance?!? Franklin County apparently gave Green Hill all they wanted losing 48-40! 

I agree with this. Page and Nolensville are hot right now. ESP Nolensville. They aren’t the team they were earlier in the year. They are playing much better than earlier in the season. Nolensville offense is starting to hit their stride and defense has stepped up. Qb is playing much better and making better choices. Nolensville def front has started playing better and secondary has played ok but still suspect. Page is still solid but defense needs to get better to go deeper in the playoffs. Offense is the best part about Page. When Page has to get better against the run. Columbia is solid but that fire will die out quick. Offense is predictable, just hand ball off to two players. If you make columbia have to pass then you win the game. Columbia def is ok. Defense front solid but secondary is suspect. Good to see Franklin county battle green hill and hate to see them lose at the end. 

On 11/6/2021 at 2:16 PM, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I have to be honest, when all that went down with McCurry, I thought that program would be in a closet for at least a decade. They have had a lot of outside "interference" that would almost decimate any program. It's good that he's young and hungry because I really do not know if an older coach could weather the politics there! 

On 11/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I can attests to that! Sometimes a three or four loss team is actually better than many one or no loss teams!

On 11/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, TheEaglesNest said:

I agree with this. Page and Nolensville are hot right now. ESP Nolensville. They aren’t the team they were earlier in the year. They are playing much better than earlier in the season. Nolensville offense is starting to hit their stride and defense has stepped up. Qb is playing much better and making better choices. Nolensville def front has started playing better and secondary has played ok but still suspect. Page is still solid but defense needs to get better to go deeper in the playoffs. Offense is the best part about Page. When Page has to get better against the run. Columbia is solid but that fire will die out quick. Offense is predictable, just hand ball off to two players. If you make columbia have to pass then you win the game. Columbia def is ok. Defense front solid but secondary is suspect. Good to see Franklin county battle green hill and hate to see them lose at the end. 

I know we beat them soundly during the season but this game has me worried. I think they are much stronger now and much better than they were several weeks ago. I am hoping not but am thinking this might be a slip up game for us! I am just glad we did not have to facet them in round one!

23 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I have to be honest, when all that went down with McCurry, I thought that program would be in a closet for at least a decade. They have had a lot of outside "interference" that would almost decimate any program. It's good that he's young and hungry because I really do not know if an older coach could weather the politics there! 

I agree with all points stated above. The fact that he’s young, hungry, and energetic is probably very helpful right now. He’s also a native of the town and a former student. That goes a long way to motivating some individuals to stay invested and keep pushing forward. For their sake, hopefully he’s finally the guy they leave alone and let fix the program. 

This Friday night is a big one for the Patriots. The Knights are getting hot at the right time. They are playing much better then they were when they played Page the first time. They have good players, they are well coached, and they are going to be coming to Page with a lot of confidence. This is going to be a good football game. I think it’ll be tough, but the Patriots are going to be ready. This has been a great year and I’m excited to see them keep this thing rolling for another week.

Columbia goes to Green Hill again after a 28-14 loss back in September.  This Lions team is healthy and completely different than it was for the first meeting!  Not going to make a prediction because I don't want to jinx them but I will say this....Lion Nation is confident and ready to roll!