Central @ Daniel Boone-Round 2

madhatter2269

On 11/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, formerblazer said:

I’ll say this, turf is a game changer when it comes to efficiency in practices.  Looks great, good for feeder programs, etc.  I’ve always loved our stadium.  Great Friday night feeling in Gray.

I think it’s time for alumni and local businesses  to start digging deep and build a new field house/weight room.  We had some good memories in the old field house, but it’s time for some state of the art facilities.  Central office can only do so much.

Supposedly both high schools are slated for a new press box and new stadium lights too.    Not sure of the details.    All of this has to be running into $5M or more.

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Supposedly both high schools are slated for a new press box and new stadium lights too.    Not sure of the details.    All of this has to be running into $5M or more.

I believe the figure I read in Jonesborough Weekly newspaper that they had 1.6 million as the quote, but Crockett didn’t have the drainage needed how it was set up and Boone basically had zero drainage, so it’s up to 1.75 million just for turf.

no idea about the stadium side.  I’d imagine they’d go modern and buy the metal stands you see in a lot of newer stadiums.  Don’t see how those cost 1.5 million or so a piece, never really priced those per say but I don’t see it like that.  Not a fan of going with the concrete again