Central @ Daniel Boone-Round 2

madhatter2269

10 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

I don’t see that happening! That was a perfect storm and everything that could go wrong, went wrong for Central.

If Central gets to another game with West, I don't see West just rolling over them again. Not saying they have enough to beat West, but it could/should be a closer game.

34 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Predictions? And I got to thinking last night while it was pouring the rain. Does DB have a natural grass field and if so, how has it held up to this point?

I'm going to say Central 28-7.

Natural Grass, one of the best fields in upper East Tennessee. I gonna say the field won’t be a problem. I am a Crockett guy myself, but I do think Boone keeps it closer than people think. Keep it close until the 4th quarter and see what happens. Boone D is the strong point of there game, and special teams. Look for Coach Jenkins to kick away from Central’s speed. Kick offs will probably be thru the end zone. Best of luck to both teams and play injury free.

3 hours ago, Footballfun said:

Natural Grass, one of the best fields in upper East Tennessee. I gonna say the field won’t be a problem. I am a Crockett guy myself, but I do think Boone keeps it closer than people think. Keep it close until the 4th quarter and see what happens. Boone D is the strong point of there game, and special teams. Look for Coach Jenkins to kick away from Central’s speed. Kick offs will probably be thru the end zone. Best of luck to both teams and play injury free.

I'm afraid this will be a problem tonight.     Our kicker is awesome this year and he can get the ball in the end zone most every time,  but sometimes it is a couple of yards short.     Our kickoff coverage, while traditionally terrible, has actually been good this year.     The problem is that we have not played anyone like Central so if we get cute and start giving them a chance to run it back we will get burned, mark it down you saw it here first.      If Central gets to run the ball back they WILL burn us.      I'll bookmark this page so I can come back later and say I told ya so

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

I'm afraid this will be a problem tonight.     Our kicker is awesome this year and he can get the ball in the end zone most every time,  but sometimes it is a couple of yards short.     Our kickoff coverage, while traditionally terrible, has actually been good this year.     The problem is that we have not played anyone like Central so if we get cute and start giving them a chance to run it back we will get burned, mark it down you saw it here first.      If Central gets to run the ball back they WILL burn us.      I'll bookmark this page so I can come back later and say I told ya so

I got to thinking about that, Boone did push Elizabethton to the very end, we had the ball late in the 4th and were driving inside the 20 to tie the game but came up short.            Wonder how Central compares to Betsy?

30 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Blazer, is there a local radio station that carries the DB games? Reason I ask, best I could tell there was no audio for the Halls game (NHSF) last Friday night. If that's the case this week I'd like to be able to listen to a radio broadcast while watching the video.

We are usually on one of these:

AM 910 WJCW (listenlive.co)

WXSM - AM Listen Live - 640 kHz AM, Blountville, United States | Online Radio Box