Central @ Daniel Boone-Round 2

madhatter2269

in 2017 central had a team that ran wildcat every play because Dakota fawver broke his leg in game 2 of that season. they entered the playoffs as the 4 seed at 5-5 and traveled to an 8-2 Boone team and won I think 16-0. couldve been worse but central couldn’t capitalize in the red zone. anyway, this should be something similar to that game. I’m looking forward to the trip up and hopefully centrals 6th straight quarterfinals appearance. input?

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Series history:
(2018) Central 49-7
(2017) Central 16-0

Since 1971 Boone has won only 2 2nd round playoff games.
Since 1969 Central has won 14 2nd round playoff games and 2 state titles.

Congrats to those Blazers from Bulldog Land Blazer. Hope you guys keep it going :thumb:

fun fact: if central wins Friday they will only be the 2nd team in knox county history to make the 3rd round and beyond 6 straight years. That other team was CAK from 2010-2015. farragut went 5 times from 2005-2009 but never made it further than round 3, while CAK in that 6 year span won 2 state titles. goes to show how some teams in this county have had great success but it’s not been long lived/and only for short spurts. hopefully central can take care of business and continue its success not just for this season but in years to come. 

14 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

fun fact: if central wins Friday they will only be the 2nd team in knox county history to make the 3rd round and beyond 6 straight years. That other team was CAK from 2010-2015. farragut went 5 times from 2005-2009 but never made it further than round 3, while CAK in that 6 year span won 2 state titles. goes to show how some teams in this county have had great success but it’s not been long lived/and only for short spurts. hopefully central can take care of business and continue its success not just for this season but in years to come. 

Not sure how much this counts, but historically Central is in very familiar territory this Friday, while Boone is looking around going "Where are we and what is this strange place called round 2???"

But does any of that really matter now, is the past merely the past or does it have a hold on the present?

As they say, ......    The past ......  You can either run from it -OR- learn from it

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not sure how much this counts, but historically Central is in very familiar territory this Friday, while Boone is looking around going "Where are we and what is this strange place called round 2???"

But does any of that really matter now, is the past merely the past or does it have a hold on the present?

As they say, ......    The past ......  You can either run from it -OR- learn from it

i don’t think it matters I just wanted to throw out a fact that kind of shocked me. where’s a good place I can eat at before the game friday?

39 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

i don’t think it matters I just wanted to throw out a fact that kind of shocked me. where’s a good place I can eat at before the game friday?

Food Truck about a half mile in the left B4 you get to the school, JP’s kitchen. Fresh fish Chicken or shrimp, with home fries hush puppies and slaw, you can thank me later.

• Upvote 1

Finally got to watch the Halls/DB game on NFHS.  If DB can't produce more offense against a quicker, more aggressive defense than they saw Friday night, running clock could come into play. And Blaze, I just being honest, you have to admit, DB is still alive because of 2 hail-mary passes. Central's quickness is going to be a major player here.