Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

15 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Interesting...  Well, I guess we are the worst team that Powell has played this year (according to some).  We probably shouldn't even get on the bus for the trip to Knoxville (according to some). 

Rest assured we will be getting on the bus.  Rest assured we are not the worst team Powell has played this year.  Rest assured Rhea County will be physical.  Rhea County will be motivated and ready to play.  Powell will know that they have been in a physical game, immediately after kickoff.  Get ready!!!

Rhea County 35

Powell 28   

ADS1, man you need to give the pregame speech Friday night!!! lol

24 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

I think it will be a great high school game too...

These are the ones that I was aiming at.  LOL:

"Pops is calling it…. Rhea stands zero chance of pulling this off. Love the confidence Pops! Protect the ball.

Hope the DC prepares for the “tackle eligible”

"All I am saying is....lets not over think this thing here.  To many what ifs, and might bees....lol  Powell by as many as they want!"

What did I do?

49 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

"Pops is calling it…. Rhea stands zero chance of pulling this off. Love the confidence Pops! Protect the ball.

"All I am saying is....lets not over think this thing here.  To many what ifs, and might bees....lol  Powell by as many as they want!"

49 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

:lol:

2 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

With the Josh Jones to Bearden rumors swirling, I hope that he can keep his eye on the ball for the remainder of the playoffs.

And I believe the Rocky Top event is this weekend, too.  

Normally around 35 sites, 8 to 10 teams per site.  

A lot on that plate right now.  

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

Interesting...  Well, I guess we are the worst team that Powell has played this year (according to some).  We probably shouldn't even get on the bus for the trip to Knoxville (according to some). 

Rest assured we will be getting on the bus.  Rest assured we are not the worst team Powell has played this year.  Rest assured Rhea County will be physical.  Rhea County will be motivated and ready to play.  Powell will know that they have been in a physical game, immediately after kickoff.  Get ready!!!

Rhea County 35

Powell 28   

So, exactly who has said that Rhea County will be the worst team Powell has played this year, or anything close to it?  

Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.  

Mark Pemberton coached teams are always solid.  

1 minute ago, HTV said:

And I believe the Rocky Top event is this weekend, too.  

Normally around 35 sites, 8 to 10 teams per site.  

A lot on that plate right now.  

Did not even realize that. I think he would be a great fit there because he would get a lot of talent in the building. But, still so much left on the table to accomplish at Powell this season before making the jump.

10 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Do you think Josh is interested in the OR job and vice versa?  

Not a player there, from what I am hearing.  As I said in the OR thread, I believe they have a target.  

But his name is in the rumor mill elsewhere.  

And again, I don't link names and jobs because I don't want to get anybody in trouble with his current employer if things don't work out.  

But as I said, rumors are out there and a lot of folks other than me have heard them and he is a name that pretty much gets mentioned with just about every local opening right now.  

• Like 1