Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

4 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Who is Betsy?  This is a Rhea County vs Powell thread.....lol....I though you nicknamed Rhea County Betsy....lol  my bad....So maybe you can't read....Cause this thread says RHEA COUNTY vs POWELL....Not BETSY (who ever that is) vs POWELL....lol 

Well it just showed you don’t get outside of Knox County at all.  Betsy (Elizabethton) is the defending 4a state champs that beat Rhea earlier in the year.  I didn’t bring up Betsy, another poster did and how he thinks Powell could beat them by 21+ points.  Alcoa and Betsy have been the two beat teams Rhea has played this year so trying to compare other teams.  Betsy is also we’re Jason Witten played and also the only school to win state when there was only 1 classification, something no other school can claim 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well it just showed you don’t get outside of Knox County at all.  Betsy (Elizabethton) is the defending 4a state champs that beat Rhea earlier in the year.  I didn’t bring up Betsy, another poster did and how he thinks Powell could beat them by 21+ points.  Alcoa and Betsy have been the two beat teams Rhea has played this year so trying to compare other teams.  Betsy is also we’re Jason Witten played and also the only school to win state when there was only 1 classification, something no other school can claim 

Good deal. 

7 hours ago, HTV said:

I wouldn't put this year's Elizabethton team in the same sentence with Alcoa. Greeneville,  yes, but not Elizabethton. 

And that particular poster has very close ties to this Powell team, so it's not surprising that he sees things a bit biased. 

Powell has the talent to compete on that level, but until they learn to play with more discipline they aren't there.  

Funny, the only time I hear anything about Powell down here in Rhea County is when they are accused of recruiting another teams players or some other cheating stories.........allegedly of course.   :)

Edited by 57eagle
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 57eagle said:

Funny, the only time I here anything about Powell down here in Rhea County is when they are accused of recruiting another teams players or some other cheating stories.........allegedly of course.   :)

Funny. We don't "here" much about you guys, either.  

But I do respect Mark Pemberton and the job he has done everywhere he's been. Solid football coach.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pepvol said:

Rhea has to play better defense . Rhea executes really well with their Offense and that's why it was so surprising to see their Defense against Karns . Should be a good game but I think Powell's Defense with the Big boy in the Middle will be the Difference

When I was teaching and coaching in Georgia years back we played Commerce High School, coached by Ray Lamb. His son Bobby ended up starring at Furman and I think played with George Quarles a year. Commerce ran the wing-t to perfection, we couldn't stop it for one main reason. Kids want to make the tackle, be in on the play, be the star. It is almost impossible to get high school kids to play assignment football for a whole game. They start looking for the ball (which deception is a key for the wing-t) and they forget they have an assignment. Rhea Co. runs the tightest, quickest, version of this offense I've ever seen. They will get their points. Question will be, will it be enough points?

• Like 1