Quarterfinals - West vs Central 2

WestHigh4Life

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

I hate to pick this but I think our season ends tonight, West 35-7. We just don't do well against good defenses. I'll be shocked if tonight is an different.

oh no no no. you’re not allowed to speak badly of our offense. we have a top 5 offense in 5A with a lot of firepower and a great OC, remember? :roflolk:i agree but will say 28-10 West

8 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Props i forgot about that game but it was in 2010 bc in 2011 they played Mo west at mo west in the quarterfinals...that was the infamous game where Anderson County students vandalized the west stadium the night before the game...the next day West dominated that AC team.

Loved that 2010 team fell short against the state champs Columbia led by current New England Patriot Shaq Mason.

I was apart of both of those teams we had a very solid group of guys those years!

• Like 1

2 years ago West lost in the regular season to a team they then defeated in the third round.  The best way to be free this week for Thanksgiving is to sit back and think the Bobcats aren’t looking to prove why they are still alive and still one of the best programs in 5A football.  They have sent West home before and they can do it again tonight.   I like West to win if they stay focused and play their game.  

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Sounds like a sensitive, personal issue you have with this coach, Dawgs.

No FHS, and I think Nick Craney has one of the best defensive minds in the state. But I've also watched the offense slowly trend downwards when it comes to key situation play calling. I'm not the only Central fan that feels this way. And as I said earlier, if you would go watch the Halls game on Diamond Clear you would see what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, dawgs82 said:

No FHS, and I think Nick Craney has one of the best defensive minds in the state. But I've also watched the offense slowly trend downwards when it comes to key situation play calling. I'm not the only Central fan that feels this way. And as I said earlier, if you would go watch the Halls game on Diamond Clear you would see what I'm talking about.

Interesting that the offense is slowly trending down while the average points per game have trended up. It may be a good idea for you to learn a little bit of football.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Bobcat would agree with you 100%.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Interesting that the offense is slowly trending down while the average points per game have trended up. It may be a good idea for you to learn a little bit of football.

When they realigned the regions this year the first thing we said was that our region had gotten weaker (even with the addition of West) Point stats are inflated!

1 minute ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I'm sure someone has mentioned it here, but some of that has to do with the fact that they hosted Region 1 opponents the last two weeks. They did the same thing against HVA, Cocke County, and Heritage early in the season. TN High was a doormat this year. Their offense looked better against Boone, but you know what they say about blind squirrels. Central is obviously better than what we saw against West, but their offense has been a mess for most of season. Just no consistency, and no clear identity until they started running that sophomore RB. Jump balls to Siaway will only get you so far.

Dawgs knows football, fwiw.

4 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

When they realigned the regions this year the first thing we said was that our region had gotten weaker (even with the addition of West) Point stats are inflated!

Rosser was great at relationships, hiring, building a culture. But if you know football, he was not a great schematic guy. The addition of the new OC has made a ton improvement. 

Edited by FHSAlum12

• CoachT changed the title to Quarterfinals - West vs Central 2