2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

On 11/19/2021 at 5:56 PM, ipb7 said:

This OR team has depth, that first one didn't. Lot of shooters, play hard as heck on defense and OR outrebounded the heck out of McMinn last night. 

Might end up being a great team after everyone gets healthy and experienced.

The rematch in Athens was a reversal of the first one in Oak Ridge. This young Cherokee team is showing signs of improvement. 

Not to make any excuses (McMinn played great and deserves credit for the dominant win), but OR had played the night before and was on the road, while McMinn hadn’t played since Tuesday (4 nights rest). You could tell our kids were sluggish, too. (Tired legs) I had a feeling it was gonna be a trap game for OR going into it for those reasons. Not to take anything away from MC (great and impressive win, especially the 3 shooting), but OR is a lot better than they showed Saturday night, just as McMinn is/was a lot better than they showed the first time around. It’d be interesting to see a meeting up with the same amount of rest in between games between the 2 at a neutral site.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Howard beats McMinn County tonight 79-70.

Everything they threw up went in against OR the other night. It was ridiculous. I think they hit 15 3s. Just one of those nights where a team could do nothing wrong. They played about as perfect as a team could play. Quality win for Howard.

Edited by SweetScience

That Howard game was the worse officiated game I have ever witnessed. Howard would not have won without them. They were either parents of Howard players or Howard faculty calling the game. I mean I get it. Home team usually gets a call or two but that was the worst display of fair play I’ve ever witnessed. Refs should be reported. Definitely Howard alumni

Oak Ridge has done well in the Loudon Christmas Tournament. They have wins over Lakeway Christian and Concord Christian. I wanted to post this so I could mention Lucas Searcy poured in 28 points today including 4 3-balls in the fourth quarter.

I believe the Wildcats are now 9 - 1. They next play at CPA on Dec.28 in a tough tournament against Louisville Male, KY,

Good luck Wildcats  RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat