Miner to HVA story

HTV

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Finally moving in the right direction. Great choice for head coach. All I know is Oak Ridge better get a good coach because of how this all went down. If not I bet he won't take the foot off the gas when that game rolls around next year.

I’m not so sure they will be competing with OR next year. Talent level at HVA is not very good right now. Long road ahead, but if given time, I think Miner can make them competitive at least.

4 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

His defense averaged allowing almost 25 points per game and played: Bearden, Clinton, Lenoir City, Campbell Co, and the worst McMinn team in 3-4 years?

If you are judging him off of this year, yep, terrible hire…. I just believe he is a good football coach personally. Basing this solely off the total package. I’ve been wrong before tho. Many times.

50 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

His defense averaged allowing almost 25 points per game and played: Bearden, Clinton, Lenoir City, Campbell Co, and the worst McMinn team in 3-4 years?

If you look at all of the other years , his defenses were outstanding.  You would have to know what he was working with this year.  He had two good linebackers and a good corner.  Let's just say he did a great job with what he had to work with this year.  

53 minutes ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

I think their defense was pretty darn good this year, especially when you consider how many snaps they had to play. Their offense did them zero favors this season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I think their defense was pretty darn good this year, especially when you consider how many snaps they had to play. Their offense did them zero favors this season.

Yeah, the defense did enough to win 9 of the games, struggled with Plow and Greeneville.  Agree with Nut, they were on the field way to many snaps week in week out. 

23 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

How did this go down? I always figured he was kind of the coach in waiting out there at OR

Basically, Speas and Miner are buddies. Speas "coached" with him at OR back in the mid 2000's. That is using the term "coach" very, very loosely. Speas knew he wanted Potter out at the end of last year but knew he couldn't during a COVID year. He held on to a position this year to post at the right time (when he forced Potter out) so he could hire his buddy and put him in a PE position immediately. Miner knew Gaddis was hitting the road and was offended that he wasn't the heir apparent.

2 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Basically, Speas and Miner are buddies. Speas "coached" with him at OR back in the mid 2000's. That is using the term "coach" very, very loosely. Speas knew he wanted Potter out at the end of last year but knew he couldn't during a COVID year. He held on to a position this year to post at the right time (when he forced Potter out) so he could hire his buddy and put him in a PE position immediately. Miner knew Gaddis was hitting the road and was offended that he wasn't the heir apparent.

Wow, makes sense I guess. Thanks for the insider info FHSA