2A Region 2

Dadof2

On 2/23/2022 at 12:01 PM, Dadof2 said:

That’s a good break down.

Polk at Sweetwater. SW is very good on defense and the Upton kids is one of the best players in the region. SW wins.

Central at Brainerd this game will be closer than some think, Central has two really good players and a good supporting case but Brainerd wins.

CSAS at Meigs. I’m with you on this game, It’s a hard one to pick but I’m going with Meigs, playing at home Meigs will have a huge crowd and they feed off of it and get the win.

Kingston at Tyner. This game will be one sided with Tyner winning big. Kingston’s best player and in my opinion the best player in the region is out with an injury but Tyner would win regardless.

Good luck to all and safe travels to everyone.

I had a pretty good break down. I thought SW would get the win but when you have a player the caliber of Milen you’re in every game. I had a feeling that Central would be in the game at the end and it was a one point game with 1:30 to go. The gym was packed and Meigs used that energy to lead almost the whole game but CSAS never quit. Tyner took care of business like I thought.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I had a pretty good break down. I thought SW would get the win but when you have a player the caliber of Milen you’re in every game. I had a feeling that Central would be in the game at the end and it was a one point game with 1:30 to go. The gym was packed and Meigs used that energy to lead almost the whole game but CSAS never quit. Tyner took care of business like I thought.

Semi-Final breakdown: 

Meigs Co.(18-10) vs Tyner (21-9)

Basically it comes down to match-ups and what's in a 16/17 year olds heart at this time in the season. The teams have a few common opponents, however, in my opinion Tyner's strength of schedule gives them the edge. Playing Cleveland, McCallie and Hamilton Heights was a big help. Other Tyner opponents are still alive: 3A Red Bank and 4A Walker Valley and the RAMS won both games! All of this means nothing, once the ball is tossed up Tuesday but I believe the RAMS will win after a close 1st half!!

Polk Co. vs Brainerd

Both teams coming off of emotional wins; this one is a toss-up due to them splitting the regular season games!!

Tyner vs Meigs. I have seen Tyner play for about a half against a good opponent, they got down big but battled back and made it a good game, they are a solid team that plays hard. They are the favorite in this game but I will give Meigs a punchers chance simply because they are scrappy and there ability to shoot the three keeps them in a lot of games, if there hitting from the outside it will be a battle if not Tyner will pull away.

Polk vs Brainerd is anyone game but I’m going with Polk simple because of Milen.

Intangibles which may or may not mean anything but gives you a summary of how the teams performed during the season:

Meigs.              Tyner

Home     11-3.                8-3

Away.       5-5                 7-4

Neutral   2-2.                 6-2

Overtime. 1-1                2-0

On 2/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Semi-Final breakdown: 

Meigs Co.(18-10) vs Tyner (21-9)

Basically it comes down to match-ups and what's in a 16/17 year olds heart at this time in the season. The teams have a few common opponents, however, in my opinion Tyner's strength of schedule gives them the edge. Playing Cleveland, McCallie and Hamilton Heights was a big help. Other Tyner opponents are still alive: 3A Red Bank and 4A Walker Valley and the RAMS won both games! All of this means nothing, once the ball is tossed up Tuesday but I believe the RAMS will win after a close 1st half!!

Polk Co. vs Brainerd

Both teams coming off of emotional wins; this one is a toss-up due to them splitting the regular season games!!

Tyner and Brainerd were hitting on all cylinders Tuesday night. Should be a replay of the District Championship game which was decided by 6 points. Regardless, both teams will have tough opponents on Monday night. I pray all have an injury free game and may the best team win!!