Westview vs McKenzie (make-up game)

sportslover88

40 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

48-33 Westview ….. McKenzie looked rattled all night… and have no inside game. 

Yeah and Jada handled their press. Give McKenzie an A for pressing and trying  but it didn’t work and Westview got some great looks. Been saying this about McKenzie. They go to state and don’t hit their three’s and play a team that handles their pressure they are in trouble. Lack of inside game really hurts them. Will be hard to find a team in Single A that will handle their pressure as good as Westview did. Good game for Westview. They hit their shots. McKenzie didn’t. 

Was hoping to see a close one tonight.  Westview just took control in second half.   McKenzie found out what will happen when the 3s are not falling against a good team tonight.   I believe they went something like 16-23 in the win over GC.  Nothing close to that tonight.   Either way.  They are gonna be tough in single a.  And westview is the team to beat in west tn 2a for sure.  Ready for round 2 with GC.  

McKenzie also had open space inside of Westview's zone, why #10 didn't try to attack Barr is beyond me. So what if you get blocked, get her to come up and somebody sneaks inside for a layup or a foul. McKenzie's depth is gonna be a issue as well, you could tell fatigue was catching up with them. But like you guys said, if McKenzie isn't hitting the 3, or forcing turnovers it's gonna be tough at state. They have to figure out a way to get some baskets around the rim.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

McKenzie also had open space inside of Westview's zone, why #10 didn't try to attack Barr is beyond me. So what if you get blocked, get her to come up and somebody sneaks inside for a layup or a foul. McKenzie's depth is gonna be a issue as well, you could tell fatigue was catching up with them. But like you guys said, if McKenzie isn't hitting the 3, or forcing turnovers it's gonna be tough at state. They have to figure out a way to get some baskets around the rim.

They look at three’s. Reason I say they better watch a team like North Green if they make state with a huge dominant post that will stop them from getting to the rim like Westview did and if the three’s aren’t falling they better be creating TO’s.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iswhatitis said:

We’ll said pioneer! Got to adjust in tournament time. McKenzie loaded and still team to watch. Westview/Loretto match up in Sub-state would be epic!!!

They all are going to be epic. Westview is playing really well right now and Jada and all of Westview’s team are playing with a lot of confidence right now. Congrats to them on a big win. McKenzie will learn from this. Great team as well.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, iswhatitis said:

We’ll said pioneer! Got to adjust in tournament time. McKenzie loaded and still team to watch. Westview/Loretto match up in Sub-state would be epic!!!

No one in Martin is even thinking about Loretto right now. At this point in the season, they’re still the team to beat. There’s a reason everyone is praising them on coachT. There’s a lot of basketball between here and that possibility. We’re still focusing on us and doing better and we know that our biggest foe is Gibson County. 
It was good though for us to play each other with the contrasting styles. Mckenzie will be a tough out around here and Davis is a player.  They play hard and our guard play was fast enough to keep up with the perimeter passing & inside out game. I didn’t know we held them to 12 in the 2nd half, but their shooting wasn’t on tonight. Mckenzie is a good team and very well coached. Our shots weren’t falling in the first, but they started falling after halftime. 

Great crowd tonight as well. Good luck Rebels. 

The Lady Rebels have not looked very sharp here recently. Had a couple of close games and halves against teams you would have thought they should have handled pretty easily and they looked exhausted when they came out for the 2nd half last night. McKenzie would have had to been at their best to beat a team like Westview  The starters have logged a lot of minutes thus far, hoping they can catch a second wind come tournament time. 

12 minutes ago, GTG901 said:

The Lady Rebels have not looked very sharp here recently. Had a couple of close games and halves against teams you would have thought they should have handled pretty easily and they looked exhausted when they came out for the 2nd half last night. McKenzie would have had to been at their best to beat a team like Westview  The starters have logged a lot of minutes thus far, hoping they can catch a second wind come tournament time. 

I wouldn’t  worry too much. Their strength of schedule has been unmatched by any single A team. Their two losses are to really good AA teams and powerhouse programs. They competed with both and beat several good teams this year. I was skeptical of them early in the year but after watching them play @ Gibson Co and how hard they compete. It changed my mind.  It’s hard to be sharp every game in a 30 game season, but you play these games to learn about your team and how to get better. Kudos to them for not being scared to go play competition. Those kids play so hard, they’ll figure it out come tourney time . Westview is a really hard matchup for most teams. Wish they played again, would be interesting to see adjustments by both sides. Good luck to both in postseason. 

• Like 2