Championship History

fooseball95

21 of 27 State Tournament Championships has been won by a team from Bradley County since 1994.

26 of the Dual State Championships since 1992 have been won by a team from Bradley County.

I think Bradley will be the favorite with who they have coming back next year. Cleveland loses a lot but after next year could win 5 in a row again. So I don’t think the Bradley County dominance will stop anytime soon. 

Edited by fooseball95

2 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

What does the next 4-5 years look

like?? 

Cleveland loses 9 seniors. Laxton, Randall, Davis, Ernst, Cooper, Gallard so basically six starters. They have some good JV kids but the question is can they fill out the upper weights.

Bradley loses 8 seniors. James, Lipsey, Parker, McClure, the 220 and 182. They face much of the same issue as Cleveland with filling out the upper weights.

Wilson Central loses 5 seniors. Fisak, Jarvis and three others. They are relatively young still again next year. 

Summit loses 5 seniors. Smith, Masters and 3 others. They have definitely been on the rise just not able to break thru.

I do know that next year will be everyone’s best chance to beat Cleveland. If you look at what they are doing at middle school duals and elementary duals against the remainder of the state right now it’s not close. They have kids coming up who have placed at Tulsa and at Preseason Nationals among other national tournaments. 

Prior to the 1997-98 Tennessee State Championships (first year for the public/private split) Cleveland won two traditional state championships and Bradley Central failed to win the individual state championship.  

I stand by the comment that all individual sports should only recognize one true state champion.  With Tennessee only having a population base of 7 million people the population base is not large enough to justify crowning three state champions per weight classification.  It’s just as ludicrous as football crowning nine state champions.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1