Heritage hires former UT Coach Joe Osovet

6 minutes ago, camppack said:

Been wondering the same thing myself (though I guess I shouldn't say that since they've implied Futbolffan2022 and I are related or the account is somehow a second account of mine.) BS101 created an account just after Hammontree leaves and every post seems to either defend Osovet or attack those who criticize or joke about the hire. 

People on this thread have just been expressing their opinions on the topic of the coaching situation at Heritage and sharing a little humor which is what this Coach T is all about. When someone turns the conversation from the topic (the new hire at HHS) to personally attacking others who post on the board they've crossed the line. If you disagree with someone's opinion, share your own, but don't attack others for having and sharing their opinion. 

I'm done reading and responding to anything from BS101, whomever they are.  

Blount County commissioners don’t like to be questioned or second guessed. Don’t you know you have to bend the knee and kiss the rings of the good ole boys. 

16 hours ago, camppack said:

I didn’t go away all those years. I followed Coach T the entire time but I was in a position where I felt making comments about teams in this area would have been inappropriate. Circumstances have changed and I jumped back in, particularly with the coaching changes at WB and HHS. I’m passionate about HS football in Blount County and want the best for these programs. 

Welcome back. I probably know you or know someone who knows you. I hope one day I will see all four Blount teams win their Regions. 

3 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

So you created an account to come on here and defend Osovet? Can’t figure out if you’re Robbie Bennette, Mrs. Osovet, or the guy who actually made the hire Scotty King? 

Nope but close! You would never guess.  I'm a nobody who has just been around the program since Tommy Rewis!  Just got tired of reading dumb comments on here.  Like I said I've been on here before (under a different name) but like others had to come out of retirement for this hire!  I just use common sense and tired of BS!

it just seems too coincidental, especially considering the actual wording Osovet used during his press conference in regard to the talk on the internet. 

guess he's got a little birdie in his ear. funny how he used the analogy that the kids needed to keep blinders on to block out all the noise and yet, he cannot follow his own advice.

I have a question since I would guess most in BC that are on the T will read this thread.

Any chance Heritage will begin scheduling Alcoa, and will WB schedule Alcoa and Maryville again? A new coach and new challenges at both schools may allow these rivals to play again - every year. This needs to happen.

11 minutes ago, BS101 said:

Nope but close! You would never guess.  I'm a nobody who has just been around the program since Tommy Rewis!  Just got tired of reading dumb comments on here.  Like I said I've been on here before (under a different name) but like others had to come out of retirement for this hire!  I just use common sense and tired of BS!

Okay Scotty 

1 minute ago, ftbllfan23 said:

it just seems too coincidental, especially considering the actual wording Osovet used during his press conference in regard to the talk on the internet. 

guess he's got a little birdie in his ear. funny how he used the analogy that the kids needed to keep blinders on to block out all the noise and yet, he cannot follow his own advice.

I’m sure his buddy Scotty was give him the scoop. 

45 minutes ago, BS101 said:

Great screen name for the T!!

4 hours ago, MLREB said:

I have a question since I would guess most in BC that are on the T will read this thread.

Any chance Heritage will begin scheduling Alcoa, and will WB schedule Alcoa and Maryville again? A new coach and new challenges at both schools may allow these rivals to play again - every year. This needs to happen.

Good question. It would be great for BC if these schools played one another. With the change in leadership at WB, HHS and AHS the potential for this to happen has probably increased. If WB and HHS aspire to be championship quality programs there's no better way to see firsthand what it takes and measure where you are than playing Maryville and Alcoa. It also would be a boost for their gate receipts. 

1 hour ago, camppack said:

Good question. It would be great for BC if these schools played one another. With the change in leadership at WB, HHS and AHS the potential for this to happen has probably increased. If WB and HHS aspire to be championship quality programs there's no better way to see firsthand what it takes and measure where you are than playing Maryville and Alcoa. It also would be a boost for their gate receipts. 

Heritage has measured themselves against, and gotten destroyed, by Maryville for the last 10 years. How has that worked out for them?