AA region 5&6

Jaychapman

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Region 5-6 

Seen where Sycamore has had a couple of nice wins. I know GC will have to stop #30 and #24 for Camden. Know Cheatham County won the other District. If Camden handles GC’s pressure, it could be a dogfight. #30 and #24 are tough for Camden. Don’t know a lot about these teams and I am not a predictor much. As for GC, it ain’t all on the players. We have to be prepared for any defense thrown at us. Can’t just throw them out there and tell them to go at it. Have to make adjustments and use different defenses and sets on offense to attack these schemes. Have to create space on offense better than your opponent does on your end. Ought to be some good games. What is your take?? Looking at your Region and schedules my first impression is Summertown’s road may be a little tougher than Loretto’s.

Edited by pioneer42

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Seen where Sycamore has had a couple of nice wins. I know GC will have to stop #30 and #24 for Camden. Know Cheatham County won the other District. If Camden handles GC’s pressure, it could be a dogfight. #30 and #24 are tough for Camden. Don’t know a lot about these teams and I am not a predictor much. As for GC, it ain’t all on the players. We have to be prepared for any defense thrown at us. Can’t just throw them out there and tell them to go at it. Have to make adjustments and use different defenses and sets on offense to attack these schemes. Have to create space on offense better than your opponent does on your end. Ought to be some good games. What is your take?? Looking at your Region and schedules my first impression is Summertown’s road may be a little tougher than Loretto’s.

Seems like Summertown has tendency to make their road hard but be hard to beat them at home and play finals at MT Pleasant where we played district - like G C can’t just roll the ball out - Cheatham coming on at end of year ( they always ready to play and lot like Creekwood in being physical ) Giles Co has some good guards and big girls inside can push you around so Heritage might be in dogfight ( they’ve played brutal schedule - Summertown 3 times - Loretto 2 and Lawrence Co 2 ) don’t know much about Sycamore - Lewis Co weak and we all know how good Loretto is but tournament time so who knows 

6 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Gibson should beat Camden 20-25. I've seen Camden a few times this year. Bailey is a good 3-point shooter, but they don't have the guards to run with Gibson.

I can see that. Their guards were kinda shaky under pressure the night I seen them. Kind of a mysterious team. Loses to McKewen and beating Houston County at their place. 

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I can see that. Their guards were kinda shaky under pressure the night I seen them. Kind of a mysterious team. Loses to McKewen and beating Houston County at their place. 

They had some good athletes that played volleyball when we played them but don’t know if any play basketball 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

When it is do or die, you got to give them all respect. Sycamore I am sure y’all will give the same respect. Camden and Sycamore both have a few nice wins.

So much of advantage playing at home 1st round fair or unfair ( and I think unfair ) but TSSAA need that money central location much more fair 

5 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown plays this bad they be going home early 

We talked about Sycamore having some nice wins. Won by 17. A win is a win. Survive and advance. GC played well. Our defense had Camden in panic mode the whole game. Whole team contributed. Proud of our girls. Great rebound game. Westview with a nice win. Huntingdon with a big win over Stewart County. Loretto and Cheatham wins. 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

We talked about Sycamore having some nice wins. Won by 17. A win is a win. Survive and advance. GC played well. Our defense had Camden in panic mode the whole game. Whole team contributed. Proud of our girls. Great rebound game. Westview with a nice win. Huntingdon with a big win over Stewart County. Loretto and Cheatham wins. 

Summertown 2 for like 13 from 3 Ansley couldn’t buy one odd for her - Burdette put team on her back took over game which haven’t seen much this year ( last time around for lone senior ) hopefully shots start falling and she continues her dominance inside - we shall see