AA region 5&6

Jaychapman

Crazy this season will be over two weeks from yesterday. Been a fun year. Win or lose looking at the world very thankful to get to watch another year of the Lady Pioneers and girls and boys across the state. Big games across the state tommorow night. Hope GC feeds off Friday’s Camden victory against East Hickman. Thought our girls shut down Camden’s two best players in more of a face guarding denial man to man on these two it looked like. Similar to what Evyn Cantrelle and Ayden Carrol did against UC’s Smith and Bonds last year in the Region. Think GC’s help side gets them in trouble sometimes when teams have great shooters and they drift off in help. Ought to be interesting  Summertown and Cheatam County, GC and East Hickman, Westview amd Huntingdon amd Loretto and WH Heritage. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Crazy this season will be over two weeks from yesterday. Been a fun year. Win or lose looking at the world very thankful to get to watch another year of the Lady Pioneers and girls and boys across the state. Big games across the state tommorow night. Hope GC feeds off Friday’s Camden victory against East Hickman. Thought our girls shut down Camden’s two best players in more of a face guarding denial man to man on these two it looked like. Similar to what Evyn Cantrelle and Ayden Carrol did against UC’s Smith and Bonds last year in the Region. Think GC’s help side gets them in trouble sometimes when teams have great shooters and they drift off in help. Ought to be interesting  Summertown and Cheatam County, GC and East Hickman, Westview amd Huntingdon amd Loretto and WH Heritage. 

Loretto vsHeritage won’t be interesting nor will Westview vs HDon others could be esp Summertown vs Cheatham 

I've seen all of the teams remaining in these two regions.  Loretto wins in a blow out.  Huntingdon hangs around for about a half, but Westview stretches out big in 2nd half.  As for the other two games, I wouldn't be surprised if Summertown/Cheatham County and East Hickman/Gibson County were both very close, competitive games.

11 minutes ago, ptguard12 said:

I've seen all of the teams remaining in these two regions.  Loretto wins in a blow out.  Huntingdon hangs around for about a half, but Westview stretches out big in 2nd half.  As for the other two games, I wouldn't be surprised if Summertown/Cheatham County and East Hickman/Gibson County were both very close, competitive games.

Summertown beat East Hickman relatively easy don’t think GC have much trouble may hang around early 

7 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown beat East Hickman relatively easy don’t think GC have much trouble may hang around early 

Cheatham County I haven’t seen but they lost to Sycamore by 11 and Stewart County by 15. Also lost to Goodpasture by 12 who we played this summer. Teams that beat them are not bad teams, but Summertown with a nicer resume. Both GC and Summertown needs to come out focussed, all for that matter. 

57 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I expect Westview, Gibson, Loretto, Summertown to all win around 20ish points.

Westview by 23+, Gibson by 15+, Loretto by 30+, Summertown is harder to pick here...  I think they win by 15+, but I could also see them winning in a more closely contested game.  

Edited by mas1821

8 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Westview by 23+, Gibson by 15+, Loretto by 30+, Summertown is harder to pick here...  I think they win by 15+, but I could also see them winning in a more closely contested game.  

Mt Pleasant's rims aren't inviting to shooters.  Outside of Summertown's 1st quarter against Loretto, I haven't seen any team shoot well there.  Summertown's gonna need to feed Burdette more than normal.  Which is something I feel they need to do anyways as Burdette is going to be a big key to any possible victory vs GC or WV, if they get past CC.

16 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Mt Pleasant's rims aren't inviting to shooters.  Outside of Summertown's 1st quarter against Loretto, I haven't seen any team shoot well there.  Summertown's gonna need to feed Burdette more than normal.  Which is something I feel they need to do anyways as Burdette is going to be a big key to any possible victory vs GC or WV, if they get past CC.

Birdie as teammates call her seemed to have a more sense of purpose in last game ( always thought she could be more dominating ) sometimes as a senior you don’t want it to end but I agree she’s the key to whether Summertown wins or loses from here on out 

36 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

At this stage of the game you have to assume the unexpected and be ready for it. What you said about Summertown can be said about GC as well. Burdette and Madison both are beasts and offense ought to go through them every single possession and kick out if defenses collapse, IMO. Lots of times you only have a split second to do it as well but needs to be done every possession, IMO. It’s that time of year. Prayers for good health to all!!

Edited by pioneer42

18 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Seems these teams that win by 20 plus every game tighten up some in do or die situations and give underdog who have nothing to lose a better chance to win ( tournament time whole  different animal ) 

you're exactly right.  The one silver lining to Loretto's poor 1st half vs Creekwood and Summertown in the District Championship.  Need to face adversity to know how to handle it.