Cherie Abner

mondo44

17 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

She will have those boys crying like she did at Mt. Juliet Middle.

Can't take a little tough love, hit the road! Coach Abner is a great coach with a coaching style that people may not like but it works and it hasn't ever killed anyone! 

6 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Can't take a little tough love, hit the road! Coach Abner is a great coach with a coaching style that people may not like but it works and it hasn't ever killed anyone! 

“Leave or hit the road mentality” might work in big schools with big enrollments, but at smaller schools, it can destroy a program.  If it worked very well, she wouldn’t be looking for another job.  Heard the GH resignation was a “leave before you’re  let go” kind of situation.  Some people use the term “great” very loosely.  As I said before, coaching not all X’s and O’s…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old50 said:

“Leave or hit the road mentality” might work in big schools with big enrollments, but at smaller schools, it can destroy a program.  If it worked very well, she wouldn’t be looking for another job.  Heard the GH resignation was a “leave before you’re  let go” kind of situation.  Some people use the term “great” very loosely.  As I said before, coaching not all X’s and O’s…

Maybe Westy kids are just tougher then because she had a lot of success here on the hill. Personally I would LOVE to have her back to coach the boys! 

7 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Maybe Westy kids are just tougher then because she had a lot of success here on the hill. Personally I would LOVE to have her back to coach the boys! 

Yeah… That’s what it is…Don’t think many tears were shed when she has left any former programs from what I understand…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old50 said:

Yeah… That’s what it is…Don’t think many tears were shed when she has left any former programs from what I understand…

People are soft and parents enable the "you deserve" attitude too much. No one deserves anything you have to earn it. If what Coach did so was so bad, why don't you let us in on it because we have obviously been told two different stories. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

People are soft and parents enable the "you deserve" attitude too much. No one deserves anything you have to earn it. If what Coach did so was so bad, why don't you let us in on it because we have obviously been told two different stories. 

Heard Westy needing assistant football coaches too.  Maybe she’d be good coach for that since she’s obviously a “great coach” in your mind.  The transition from one sport to another should be no problem for a coach of her caliber.  Maybe her “tough love” would spill over to the football team. 
As far as stories go, you know there’s 3 sides to a story;  Her side, administration’s side and the truth.  Just seems like a lot of jumping around in short period of time for her.  If a program is desperate, a quick hire might be necessary but too many coaches available and open positions to make rash decisions.  Good luck to Westmoreland girls this afternoon at the Boro.

17 minutes ago, 3rdandLong said:

Disgruntled parent alert. 

If you gathered that from what I’ve always thought was a well known explanation of how reliable stories are, you must be a fortune teller and been looking in your crystal ball to come up with something like that.  If you’ve never heard that before, try and apply it.  Maybe it’ll help you out sometime..