Can anyone explain TSSAA’s logic?

Rockytopmojo7

I was thinking the same thing this morning ...TSSAA screwed around and destroyed the long standing District and Region dates ...now they have destroyed long standing District and Regions teams ...and now going against their own policy and making teams drive all over the state for Sub-State games on school nights. Head shaker for sure , but that money still rolling in. 

18 minutes ago, Hoganknows said:

I was thinking the same thing this morning ...TSSAA screwed around and destroyed the long standing District and Region dates ...now they have destroyed long standing District and Regions teams ...and now going against their own policy and making teams drive all over the state for Sub-State games on school nights. Head shaker for sure , but that money still rolling in. 

I don't understand the whole fuss about sub-state travel. While I was in school, my school participated in 13 substate games (Boys/girls bball, softball, baseball) And our CLOSEST opponent in any of those games was from roughly 1 hour 45 minutes away. 

It is About the kids. I Promise you there are no kids complaining about a 2 hour bus ride to and from a game. The bus ride is some of their favorite memories. Just make the drive and watch some basketball and stop complaining. Or, stay home and don't watch. The kids are not complaining and it should be about the kids. while i am at it. Stop complaining about basketball being watered down by more classes. Basketball just is not as good as it was 8 years ago. but complaining about more classes doesn't make sense. Again, it is about the kids. with 4 classes you have a ton more kids getting a chance to go to the state tournament. who cares about whether or not they have the talent to be there. They get to go because they were the best in their region. enjoy it or don't enjoy it. Stop complaining and be happy for some kids that get to spend a long bus ride with their teammates with a chance to go to the state tournament. it is about the kids.

1 hour ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

It is About the kids. I Promise you there are no kids complaining about a 2 hour bus ride to and from a game. The bus ride is some of their favorite memories. Just make the drive and watch some basketball and stop complaining. Or, stay home and don't watch. The kids are not complaining and it should be about the kids. while i am at it. Stop complaining about basketball being watered down by more classes. Basketball just is not as good as it was 8 years ago. but complaining about more classes doesn't make sense. Again, it is about the kids. with 4 classes you have a ton more kids getting a chance to go to the state tournament. who cares about whether or not they have the talent to be there. They get to go because they were the best in their region. enjoy it or don't enjoy it. Stop complaining and be happy for some kids that get to spend a long bus ride with their teammates with a chance to go to the state tournament. it is about the kids.

Preach. Kids just want to have a chance to play. They would go 4 hours away if it meant one more game, especially with a chance to go to state on the line. Adults are always interjecting their thoughts or hurt feelings and saying it's about someone else. Like he said, go or don't go and watch the stream but do not rain on someone else's parade because you are not happy with how something is not going your way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

THANK YOU! I agree with everything you said, especially about 4 classes...those saying it's watered down have an argument only because basketball is in a down cycle. From several years ago until recently there were some seriously talented players that I routinely saw play in West Tn...Corrie Smith, Tony Delk, Cannon Whitby, Sylvester Gray, Wayne Chism, Willie Kemp, ect..., and that's not including Memphis or Nashville where there were several DI signee's. Forward to now, and there are none of that caliber out there and haven't been for a few years. You can't argue that teams aren't as good when no players are as good.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, NoogaHoops said:

TSSAA f’d up with this change teams from Knox coming all the way to Chattanooga for a region game is senseless. Should have never added 4A in basketball!!!! 

Got news for you.. We as coaches proposed 5 classes too...

Would have been much better but T$$AA does what they always do.. jack around before getting it right.