East Rob Vs Clay Co

Mottomotto

East Rob has a really good team, especially on their home floor!  Who’s the dummy’s that allowed that to happen?  Does anyone think next years region tournament will be held in Celina or Byrdstown?  If I was a coach in that district there is no way I’m giving my rivals home court. I’d have a neutral site gym with neutral officials. Last night they played ER’s run out songs , their player intro songs, even  the announcers were biased towards ER. I thought this was a Region Tournament where everything was supposed to be neutral?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

East Rob has a really good team, especially on their home floor!  Who’s the dummy’s that allowed that to happen?  Does anyone think next years region tournament will be held in Celina or Byrdstown?  If I was a coach in that district there is no way I’m giving my rivals home court. I’d have a neutral site gym with neutral officials. Last night they played ER’s run out songs , their player intro songs, even  the announcers were biased towards ER. I thought this was a Region Tournament where everything was supposed to be neutral?  

Do you think their songs, announcers made a difference in the win?

46 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

Do you think their songs, announcers made a difference in the win?

No but if that game is played in Byrdstown it would have. That’s my point.  Last night the best team won and that was ER. Thursday night the best team will win again. But having said all that both of these teams will be in the state tournament. Because on the substate side the other two teams that these two will face off against will offer little to no resistance. These two teams are two of the best in the state at the Class A level. Both will win their substate games by 25 or more. So this game kind of matters in a sense you get a home substate game and don’t have to travel but both will be in Murfreesboro in a couple of weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

Everyone was taking Pickett by 10 last night and it ended up being ER by 15. The home court advantage and athletes east have I feel like will be too much for Clay in the 4th quarter

Not me. I picked ER to win and that’s a fact. Groves for ER wrecked Pickett County’s team last night. He’s a very very good player. He dominated their guards and got to the rim at will. There’s only one problem ER will be facing a player that’s going to be able to do that to their team. Groves will not be the best player on the floor on Thursday night number 11 for Clay County will be the best player in the gym. If the game is called correctly and ER try’s to play up on Strong they will be fouled out in the first half. These teams have already played once with Clay winning. I see a repeat performance. 

Edited by UCSportsFan
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

It was supposed to be at TC which is more centralized but our gym capacity was not big enough. 

50 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

Everyone was taking Pickett by 10 last night and it ended up being ER by 15. The home court advantage and athletes east have I feel like will be too much for Clay in the 4th quarter

I picked ER, athleticism gave PC fits, keys for the Indians are simple knock down a few 3's and keep strong under 30 and you should win honestly. One advantage not being discussed is Rob Edwards may be the best coach in 1A basketball. Should be a dandy and can't wait to watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1