Red Boiling Springs Girls coach arrested for Meth

ReignofPurple

2 hours ago, FutureCOY said:

You were only 38 points off. VB won by 13 

Evidently losing their head coach affected these kids far worse than one would think.  You have to give VB’s kids and their coaches all the credit. No way they win this game under normal circumstances but that’s why they play the games!  I knew Whitwell would play hard on their home floor. But in the end Clay was the better team. 

5 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Evidently losing their head coach affected these kids far worse than one would think.  You have to give VB’s kids and their coaches all the credit. No way they win this game under normal circumstances but that’s why they play the games!  I knew Whitwell would play hard on their home floor. But in the end Clay was the better team. 

It should come as no surprise that losing their coach and the circumstances affected the team. 

I know of two young women who have lost a parent yet continued competing at a high level. As a much older observer, who never had to deal with such a tragedy, I am always inspired by these kids, and all the others who deal with seemingly insurmountable lessons every day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Yet you said both games would be a yawner by halftime. Neither were. I figured that RBS would struggle getting past what happened. What is heartbreaking for Whitwell is they beat VB 4 times this season. VB got the luck of the draw to play RBS because everyone thought Clay would win that Region. Whitwell played good and gave Clay a run for it. Clay didn’t win easily. 

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

It looks as if Region 3A is a lot better than some people thought. Both Van Buren and Whitwell winning at halftime 

District 5 was better. Both teams came out of that District. The other District that makes up the Region isn’t impressive. VB could be a sleeper team. I was hoping it would be Whitwell.

12 hours ago, Redheadstepkid said:

District 5 was better. Both teams came out of that District. The other District that makes up the Region isn’t impressive. VB could be a sleeper team. I was hoping it would be Whitwell.

Yeah pretty tough when you beat an opponent four times and they end up going to the state tournament while you sit at home. If they had arrested her one day earlier I believe Clay County would have won the region championship and you would have faced RBS instead of Clay County and then of course would have won. Whitwell was better than I thought so I give credit where credit is due. I had spoken to Clay’s coach after their region loss and he said Whitwell was a very good team so I know he did not take this game lightly at all.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 1:30 PM, Khall555 said:

In other words Westmoreland doesn’t have him and the Tigerettes have a shiny Gold Ball in the trophy case.

PS You would love watching Dana McWilliams every game!!

Why would we want him when we have a coach that is better, and younger.....?

On 3/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, Redheadstepkid said:

District 7A was by far the best district in the state with 4 teams in the top 10 all year.