Top Talent Returning

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

WHO returns the most talent in DII A, AA, AAA? Who lost the most? Early predictions as Spring practice is right around the corner.

Spit-balling here:

A - no guess

AA - LA   -  The Mustang's backups were legit in my opinion.

AAA - MBA  -  Had a lot of juniors playing last year.  Defense should be stout.  Could also be Ensworth with the P5 receivers as well as the QB coming back.

Lost the most?  In AAA I would guess either PJP2 or McCallie.  It think the Knights O-line graduated.  If so, that could hurt!

good topic.  Im a AA guy so I will stay there.  I think CPA lost a lot and they went to 4 championships in a row.  im not sure what reloading looks like these days with the homegrown thing but I doubt they will drop off much.  

LA lost some very talented kids (sam roush, luther richesson, alex broome, koa noatala to name a few) but should have lots to reload with.  both back up QB's have college offers without ever really playing much.  hank brown should start at QB and if his efforts on the basketball court are any indication, that kid is a competitor (and a nice kid) and will do well.  jr sherill and nate spillman are back at WR and are special.  chauncy gooden and brandon solis are back on the O line.  on the D, edwin spillman, kaleb beasley, hunter high, antonio carter and brian longwell are some of the standouts returning. 

fun thing about LA is, guys like eli miller, koa and sam roush show up and are huge contributors for a year.  I think LA reloads well but we will see! 

19 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

good topic.  Im a AA guy so I will stay there.  I think CPA lost a lot and they went to 4 championships in a row.  im not sure what reloading looks like these days with the homegrown thing but I doubt they will drop off much.  

LA lost some very talented kids (sam roush, luther richesson, alex broome, koa noatala to name a few) but should have lots to reload with.  both back up QB's have college offers without ever really playing much.  hank brown should start at QB and if his efforts on the basketball court are any indication, that kid is a competitor (and a nice kid) and will do well.  jr sherill and nate spillman are back at WR and are special.  chauncy gooden and brandon solis are back on the O line.  on the D, edwin spillman, kaleb beasley, hunter high, antonio carter and brian longwell are some of the standouts returning. 

fun thing about LA is, guys like eli miller, koa and sam roush show up and are huge contributors for a year.  I think LA reloads well but we will see! 

The next to last sentence says it all. They show up for a year and then go back home when ball is done. 

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The next to last sentence says it all. They show up for a year and then go back home when ball is done. 

are you saying that is a bad thing?  to be clear, some of them don't leave when the season is over and some families stay even after one kid is done with football.   I really enjoyed getting to know one of the dad's and watched all the games with him for a season.  even if he doesn't live in nashville, I still consider him a friend.

15 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

are you saying that is a bad thing?  to be clear, some of them don't leave when the season is over and some families stay even after one kid is done with football.   I really enjoyed getting to know one of the dad's and watched all the games with him for a season.  even if he doesn't live in nashville, I still consider him a friend.

That is the thing. For the kid to be eligible he is supposed to be a full time resident with a parent or guardian unless you provide housing, which Lipscomb does not. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

That is the thing. For the kid to be eligible he is supposed to be a full time resident with a parent or guardian unless you provide housing, which Lipscomb does not. 

Lipscomb has housing available at Lipscomb University in the dorms next door to the high school. I don't know if they are using the university dorms  but it would be available 

Edited by cbg

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I dont know of a single kid who lives here without a parent(s) and I have no reason to think they are not following the rules. 

45 minutes ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

I'm not here to bash LA for their practices, I'm honestly just curious who had the best returning talent. Keep the nay say elsewhere.

Did anyone have any thoughts on A or AAA?

agreed!