AA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

16 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Hard for small 2A schools to compete against a large city magnet school that gets to pick and choose from best talent in Nashville East probably best team in all classes - 4A very disappointing 

I agree. They looked like some of the great Memphis Teams in the past. I missed the East Robertson game but Greenville put on a show too. Lots of really good players in the state both both boys and girls. 

37 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. They looked like some of the great Memphis Teams in the past. I missed the East Robertson game but Greenville put on a show too. Lots of really good players in the state both both boys and girls. 

Think all magnet schools should go private since all are in big cities or at least go to highest classification / - also bone  to pick w counties w open enrollment but guess that’s a different deal 

34 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Think all magnet schools should go private since all are in big cities or at least go to highest classification / - also bone  to pick w counties w open enrollment but guess that’s a different deal 

Where we are other than South Gibson most of the schools are not overcrowded and have open enrollment to a certain extent. But you have to go before you ever step foot on the floor of another HS team or you have to move. Our area there is just not a lot of wealthy people that are going to drive their kids way out of the way to play ball. Sounds like in other areas there are kids going to other Districts. One thing about Northwest Tennessee is it is small town life with very little industry and people are not beating the door down to leave a city like Jackson and move to Dyer, TN or drive a ways to go to school there. Now South Gibson is a different story. They have a huge influx of kids moving in the area with a great real estate market and parents that don’t want to pay big money for private school will move there because it is only 20 minutes from their work. If Catie stays at South Gibson which who knows if she will I feel like they will be a powerhouse. They have the enrollment and with a good coach that is popular she will get transfers just through the real estate market and kids wanting to go play for her possibly. Kids play with other team members in AAU so if it isn’t an inconvenience for the parents too bad they should get new students that play ball. And GC is a great school with top notch every thing but the average parent don’t value sports enough to make a move.

Edited by pioneer42

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Where we are other than South Gibson most of the schools are not overcrowded and have open enrollment to a certain extent. But you have to go before you ever step foot on the floor of another HS team or you have to move. Our area there is just not a lot of wealthy people that are going to drive their kids way out of the way to play ball. Sounds like in other areas there are kids going to other Districts. One thing about Northwest Tennessee is it is small town life with very little industry and people are not beating the door down to leave a city like Jackson and move to Dyer, TN or drive a ways to go to school there. Now South Gibson is a different story. They have a huge influx of kids moving in the area with a great real estate market and parents that don’t want to pay big money for private school will move there because it is only 20 minutes from their work. If Catie stays at South Gibson which who knows if she will I feel like they will be a powerhouse. They have the enrollment and with a good coach that is popular she will get transfers just through the real estate market and kids wanting to go play for her possibly. Kids play with other team members in AAU so if it isn’t an inconvenience for the parents too bad they should get new students that play ball. And GC is a great school with top notch every thing but the average parent don’t value sports enough to make a move.

Probably no way to ever keep on an even playing field 

guess need be like was when I played where there were no classification 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Probably no way to ever keep on an even playing field 

guess need be like was when I played where there were no classification 

Kids either go to a different school in 9th grade and start practicing in 8th grade or they move from house A to house B with a HS record. Nothing really TSSAA can do if rules are followed, IMO. TSSAA won’t do anything or look into stuff IMO unless there is a complaint. Kid from AL moved to Fayetteville to play football a couple of years ago and moved to a Lincoln County zoned area instead of a Fayetteville zoned area and was deemed ineligible and had to forfeit the season. Rule states that when you transfer you have to move to an area that is zoned for that particular school. Fayetteville and Lincoln County will let anyone in the county go to either but they have bus zones for both schools and he was on the wrong end of the bus zone and was ruled ineligible the best of my memory. If you leave and aren’t happy where you are you better know the rules.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

Milan student section acting like thugs yesterday throwing stuff at East players. You hate to see it. @BIGPURPLEMACHINE @731Ball

Please don’t characterize the entire student section for the actions of one kid. I have a copy of the video and watched it several times. It was clearly one kid. That kid was identified swiftly by admin and dealt with. None of the other kids threw anything. Now I will say this. I was completely inappropriate for him to do that and he will face the consequences for his actions. We definitely want our young people to strive to be better than that. 

7 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Hard for small 2A schools to compete against a large city magnet school that gets to pick and choose from best talent in Nashville East probably best team in all classes - 4A very disappointing 

Magnet schools don't get to pick and choose the best talent in the city, the private schools already do this.