AA State Tournament Predictions

SavageSpeaks

18 hours ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

This is East Nashville’s to lose. If they play well and don’t just have an awful night shooting don’t think anyone can play with em, too athletic. I think they win 3 straight and take the ship.

I haven't see East Nashville but hear a ton of great things.

I have seen Bolivar though - I think they may have the athletes to run with East Nashville but again, I haven't seen East Nashville. 

I also watched Milan a couple of times this year. No depth but their top 5 are athletic and can also shoot it. 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I haven't see East Nashville but hear a ton of great things.

I have seen Bolivar though - I think they may have the athletes to run with East Nashville but again, I haven't seen East Nashville. 

I also watched Milan a couple of times this year. No depth but their top 5 are athletic and can also shoot it. 

Bolivar have some really good guards that can shoot the ball well.  They will be tough to beat.  It will take a well discipline team that can shoot the ball from the outside to beat Bolivar.  

1 hour ago, Icy said:

Bolivar have some really good guards that can shoot the ball well.  They will be tough to beat.  It will take a well discipline team that can shoot the ball from the outside to beat Bolivar.  

Bolivar is a solid team, and I am sold that 1'st year coach Crisp is a good one...I just don't think Bolivar has enough to contend for a title this year. They are athletic and have some shooters, but good bigs in the paint will give them trouble, and they like to play at a leisurely pace instead of high intensity. I thought that Douglas was the favorite (didn't get here), because of their intensity...they beat Bolivar by 20+.

Power Center Academy first time in the state tournament, they can be a handful for any team in the field. They have a good pg, some height, skilled height, both can step out and they beat the favorite (Douglas) according to some. They came back down from 10 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. They have a 6'3 guard next to the pg too that can play. If both their 2 6'6 guys play well and don't fall in love with shooting 3s, they can make a run.

3 hours ago, SayWhat said:

Power Center Academy first time in the state tournament, they can be a handful for any team in the field. They have a good pg, some height, skilled height, both can step out and they beat the favorite (Douglas) according to some. They came back down from 10 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. They have a 6'3 guard next to the pg too that can play. If both their 2 6'6 guys play well and don't fall in love with shooting 3s, they can make a run.

I haven't seen them, and know nothing about them except that they beat Douglas...to me, that alone makes them one of the favorites.