Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

7 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You guys can't take it. Lol Suck it up and let's see what you can do this year. Saying that in playfulness no meaness Lawnman knows I am joking lol

That’s what makes this site fun Mav…We know what it’s like to get beat by AC and it could happen again.

This is off topic. But how come Anderson County and oak ridge never play football against one another anymore. That would be one heckuva  good in-county rivalry. Feel like it would be a tighter game then with Clinton against either of the other two. But I feel like Anderson County could have came out on top between the three schools the past 5 years or so.

10 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

This is off topic. But how come Anderson County and oak ridge never play football against one another anymore. That would be one heckuva  good in-county rivalry. Feel like it would be a tighter game then with Clinton against either of the other two. But I feel like Anderson County could have came out on top between the three schools the past 5 years or so.

Good question. Because OR does not want AC....lol No it could be neither one want each other. It should come to pass soon if OR wants it. But really OR will always has athletes and AC has a magnificent feeder program. This should be a movie in the making lol

9 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

That AC feeder program is now sending its best to OR. 

As far as the game goes, it'd be a good gate for both teams to do a home and away series.  

The Clinton rivalry had to be shut down because it got to toxic between teams, fans, coaches and parents. 

That is definitely not true in a realistic point of view. OR has a fleet annually of top quality athletes; always has been and apparently always will be. AC feeder will go to AC. I promise you that. Now when you have 3 top quality QBs in a program when only 1 can be selected I can see the other 2 needing to test the area and I would too. But you can only get so many players in a field, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

AC will play OR in the 5StarPreps Jamboree next Thursday night at Carson Newman. I guarantee the atmosphere for that one will be electric!! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That is definitely not true in a realistic point of view. OR has a fleet annually of top quality athletes; always has been and apparently always will be. AC feeder will go to AC. I promise you that. Now when you have 3 top quality QBs in a program when only 1 can be selected I can see the other 2 needing to test the area and I would too. But you can only get so many players in a field, unfortunately.

That's not even close to what happened.  The Stansberry freshman is the most talented qb to come out of that feeder program. At 6'1" 190lbs as a 14 year old he has a lot of upside potential.  He and possibly the best wr to ever come through that program went to OR. That isn't testing the waters. That's talent leaving. Martinez is a Sr,  Miller is a soph. The Stansberry kid is ahead of Miller and would have been a 3 year starter.  Miller is ok but he is a better DB than he is QB. I like Cody,  he's a good kid but Blaine was the future.  The wr that went with him is a stud too.  His dad used to coach in that feeder program along with coach Noe and Moog. 

3 hours ago, FormerMav said:

That's not even close to what happened.  The Stansberry freshman is the most talented qb to come out of that feeder program. At 6'1" 190lbs as a 14 year old he has a lot of upside potential.  He and possibly the best wr to ever come through that program went to OR. That isn't testing the waters. That's talent leaving. Martinez is a Sr,  Miller is a soph. The Stansberry kid is ahead of Miller and would have been a 3 year starter.  Miller is ok but he is a better DB than he is QB. I like Cody,  he's a good kid but Blaine was the future.  The wr that went with him is a stud too.  His dad used to coach in that feeder program along with coach Noe and Moog. 

The two players that chose to attend OR made that choice on their own with their parents. Let them enjoy their new high school without you attempting throwing to throw shade. Makes you look petty.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Good question. Because OR does not want AC....lol No it could be neither one want each other. It should come to pass soon if OR wants it. But really OR will always has athletes and AC has a magnificent feeder program. This should be a movie in the making lol

Haha thanks for answering my question. Do think Anderson County would have handled oak ridge any year passed 2017.  But we're you saying they canceled the Clinton rivalry with AC bc it was nasty or Oak ridge.